Friday, November 7, 2008

Martha tagged me!

Martha over at Menagerie tagged me. Thank you Martha!
I am supposed to tell you six things you don't know about me. Well that could be many things.. I do better with themes..I pick clothing shopping as my theme!
1. I hate shopping for clothing, and will avoid it at all costs.
2. Since I hate shopping so much, I am not fashion forward. If it is comfortable and clean I wear it. I wear it out! If I find something comfortable..I send my daughter back to buy more in more colors.
3. I have one dress, it is Navy Blue. My cousin dropped it off for me one day! It is a hand me down. I have worn it once in four years.
4. My worst nightmare is having to dress for an occasion. I enlist my daughter's and my best friend Susan to help me shop..they have taste..and can usually come up with something presentable and comfortable.
5. If I am uncomfortable in an article of clothing or footwear I get really bitchy, and have been known to strip down in the car on the way home.
6. I watch Stacey and Clinton's "What Not to Wear" and see most of my clothing discarded into the barrel. (t shirts long sleeved and short sleeved, sweat pants, flannel lined snow pants, jeans, capris, water and wind repellant pants, and parkas)
Now who to tag..how about everyone! Or no one? Perhaps you should tell me how to become a better clothing shopper? Give it a try! Convince me why comfort isn't better than fashion:)

8 comments:

flydragon said...

LOL. I love it. Sounds just like me except I do not have a dress, and I have never stripped in the car:)

Martha said...

I just loved reading this - you sound just like me! Seriously! :-)

Jewel said...

I've taken my bra off on my way home from work. and I can't stand to have tags on my shirts, they drive me insane. Oh and socks need to fit just right.

Anonymous said...

Can't convince you, I'm afraid, as I also hate shopping for clothes - and am still wearing the same clothes I bought in second-hand shops about 10 years ago!

Vodka Mom said...

I am SO with you on the shopping thing. I HATE IT.

Linda said...

You sound exactly like me on the shopping issue!

The Silver Age Sara said...

Wow, I've finally found another woman who cares as little as I do about clothes! That makes my day.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well I feel so much better now, at least I know I am in good company! :)