Sunday, January 4, 2009

More Decorating By Mother Nature


The un-decorating is all taken care of inside. It went well, Far Guy was very cooperative, he hardly cussed at all. He even wrapped all the light strings the proper way this year. I went through and re read all the Christmas cards and updated the addresses. Far Guys gift that I wanted him to want still has not arrived. He does know what it is, and YES he didn't know he wanted it..but he does and looks forward to it's arrival. We will know when the phone rings one morning at 7:30, it will be the Mail Man in another package predicament. I have instructed Far Guy to say "Deliver it" In fact I made him practice in a very forceful voice.

Mother nature is not done decorating this winter. She seems to think we need many layers of snow. I have decided if she is in charge of the weather she is nuttier than a fruitcake. One of these days it could stop snowing..and then we will just be in the deep freeze. In Minnesota it must warm up to snow, it is a rule. It must be above zero to snow. It is below zero here now..and it is not snowing. I don't know who made up these "rules"..they must just be some strange laws of nature. I have not seen this amount of snow this early in the Winter for many years. The only positive thing I have to say about it..is there are no ticks and no snakes. I hate snow and I hate cold, but if you want to live in "God's Country" you have to put up with those major irritants for the majority of the year. A few winters ago I did not leave the yard for seventeen days..it is a record. Far Guy usually keeps better track of me, and every week or so he talks me into going someplace with him. Since Christmas Eve I have been out twice. It works for me, the house is cozy and warm, I venture out to take some photographs and to play ball with Chance..so it's not like I am a hermit or anything..well on second thought maybe I am kinda a hermit:)

16 comments:

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Oh my - I love the photos of Chance!

flydragon said...

I have been very hermit like also this year, and we don't even have the terrible cold and the snow like you do up there.
Maybe the mailman is enjoying Far Guys gift himself:)

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Great photos of the dog. When our's was alive, he would stick his muzzle in the snow and "snuffle". It was hilarious. Thanks also for the follow-up on Pastor B. Great story. If it was a ruptured AAA, there was nothing you could have done different than you did to save him.

RURAL said...

What great shots you got, so glad that you ventured outside with the camera.

Hey! I thought that the Okanagan was "God's Country"? There are snakes and ticks, and ton's of snow up there also. But we are more than willing to give it a try. It is a different kind of snow down here on the coast, apparently much "wetter, and heavier" than other places.

Chance is so handsome.

Jen

The W.O.W. factor! said...

It is absolutely gorgeous! And Mother Nature is not done with decorating our world either! Only wish she'd find some pinks and greens and yellows though! (no ticks is the ONLY thing I like about Winter!)
Heck Lady, 17 days ain't nothin! Winter rolls in and I stay put! I've gone over a month without leaving the yard! We went visiting yesterday...it'd been 20 days since I sat in a rig! They were shocked to see me! I was shocked I went!

Julia said...

Chance is gorgeous!
We are having a heatwave, sure could use some snow right now to cool things off a bit...looks lovely!
Julia ♥

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures Connie, it looks so so so insulated there LOL! Peaceful too.

Unknown said...

I think you should make that first picture of Chance your Christmas card for next year! That is an awesome photo!!!

laurie said...

that chance is so beautiful. he sure loves the snow.
it got all the way up to 7 today. now it's plummeting again.

Jeanne Estridge said...

The minister at church mentioned today that Minnesota is the 4th sunniest state in the U.S. And that's the thing the I remember -- here in Ohio the clouds roll in in early November, and don't go away again until May!

RURAL said...

Well Connie, she replied back, with a cheeky grin, you won't have to post those inappropriate comments after all, because we have more SNOW! And no it did not start to rain after all.

Apparently when it is still below 0, the rain is turned to snow, gotta wonder where our weather people went to school. Rain, ha, where is our rain?

Oh my gosh, those are lovely pictures of Chance.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - I LOVE those photos of Chance! It certainly can snow when it is minus... Went to under minus 20 C here yesterday...

We have had snow when it is minus 10-12 C here, so what do those weather people know, huh!

Moms Musings said...

I think I could live like that, sitting in the house flanked by my two cats and being kept warm by the fire. Maybe the city's not so great after all. I do love snow.

Coffee with Cathy said...

You are so right -- Mom Nature is the best decorator! But I'm so impressed with your post-holiday organizing skills. Updating addresses is a great idea -- I usually run around saying, "Wait, I think I've got their new address around here somewhere." Your way is much better.

Lattice said...

I LOVE Chance's "snow crown" in the first photo! What a BEAUTIFUL shot, Far!

We had our family gathering on Saturday. I had to drive past your turn smack dab in the middle of the last storm. From our place to PR I enjoyed the drive--accumulation and wind were light and it was like winter-driving in WY. But from PR on it just wasn't worth it. We sure wish they'd get the plows out a little sooner... My nerves were shot and the first thing I did when we arrived was go take a nap!

I'm with you on the holing up. I love to stock up on supplies before a storm and then stay home and make homemade soup and bread, venturing out only to shovel and ski. My schedule doesn't allow for much of that comfortable down time, though. I'm glad you and Far Guy have such a beautiful cabin/setting to have cabin fever in!

Unknown said...

That Chance is one snowy doggy! Looks like he loves the snow. You are finally getting some snow hey? We had freezing rain yesterday and now today is bitterly cold with below zero wind chills. Yuck!