Friday, November 14, 2008

"The Mystery Bone" By Chance The Border Collie

"The mystery bone".. I am not exactly sure how it found it's way into my yard. It was one humongous honkin' bone. Far Guy said "Where did you get that entire front leg of a deer Chance?" Like I was supposed to divulge my secret. It just appeared..it probably was bought by the bone fairy...or dropped out of the sky. I must bury it! Well maybe in a couple of days. it must be gnawed on before I bury it. I can hardly carry it in my mouth..I have to drag it around. It is the greatest thing since Jerky Treats! I had it about five days and then one morning it was just gone...gone from where I left it safe and sound in front of the garage. I was very curious and tried to track it down. I followed the trail into the woods but Far Guy made me come back. Rats! I should have buried it! Was it a Wolf? A Coyote? A Bobcat? I know but I am not telling. Next time one falls from the sky..I WILL bury it..or maybe..I will try and sneak it into the house!

I bury stuff in the house all the time. I bury chew bones and balls, under pillows, in the couch cushions, in the bed downstairs, in the beds upstairs, inside shoes and boots. I know when Far Side has found some of my buried treasures too..I check my buried stuff every day, if it is not where I buried it... I know where to find it..you see Far Side is pretty dumb..she just tosses all my buried treasures into an old enamel pan in the living room. I just take my treasures right back out and bury them again. I can't understand what bugs her so much about my treasures. I sure wish she would have let me bring that really big honkin' bone in the house..let her try and fit that into her old enamel pan :)

10 comments:

RURAL said...

Great post Chance, keep up the good work.

Jen

Vodka Mom said...

that was great!!!

flydragon said...

Way to go Chance. You're a keeper just like I am.

Julia said...

good on you Chance!
keep bringing them bones..
Hugs

Unknown said...

Aww, Chance you're my hero, and Ruby's! We need more smart pups like you around!

Anonymous said...

What a cute post! I have been reading through and was thrilled to see the old photos of your mom. My mom recently passed away, and until now, I thought she was the only one who did her hair up in pin curls! My husband sweetly nicknamed her "Peanut" cause he said her head looked tiny like a peanut all curled up in bobby pins! Great to find you.

Anonymous said...

Connie, I am delighted to meet you too and thanks for stopping by my blog. I also have added you to my favorites. The dog you mentioned is a Golden who is red!!! My little short dachshund is in love with the neighbor's dog who outweighs her by 100 lbs.! Love is blind!
Thanks for your kind words about mother. If you don't read anything else, please read my Nov. 5 post and click on the link to Miss Sandy @ Quill Cottage for an uplifting story about my mother and best friend. Thanks and I'll be visiting you daily.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your April post with me. It brought tears to my eyes. It was beautifully written.
We seem to have many things in common. My nephew lives in MN and freezes!!! His sister lives in Atlanta near us and she and her mom both have border collies!

I offer my sincere sympathy for your loss earlier this year. Thanks again for sharing, Mildred

Anonymous said...

Dear Chance,

Great post - no bones about that! Good think you keep Far Side and Far Guy on their toes...

The Silver Age Sara said...

Chance, the kids here on Red Pine Mountain say "Way to Go." There's nothing better than hiding treasures to find them again.
Sounds as though you are keeping Mom busy.