Saturday, September 5, 2026

Second Saturday

 I was a day off and thought it was Saturday on Friday so I guess I will have two Saturdays this week. 

Friday I made a pan of scalloped potatoes and did a load of laundry.

Far Guy and I finished up the final prep before painting of the Christmas Ornaments.  I have plenty of time to paint them this Fall on nasty days.  Once I get started it is like an assembly line... there are 111 of them. So it will take a day or three. 

I am feeling better, but still weak and my Rheumatoid Arthritis is kicking my butt again.  Plus I have fever blisters in my mouth and a fairly ugly one on my lip...no doubt from the temperature I had last weekend.  Did you know that if you are dreaming and bite your lip where the cold sore is that you will wake up?  What a rude awaking!

Blogger is being a pain in the butt...I cannot comment on blogger blogs but I can comment on Word Press Blogs...anyone have any idea what in the &^%$ is going on?  Update**  enough people complained and they finally fixed the problem.

What's cooking?  Far Guy made himself Salmon and French Fries, I had some rice soup and some scalloped potatoes.

Minnesota Weather:  Warm!  High 81F  or 27C  Low was 63F or 17C

Far Side


16 comments:

  1. ach annoying irritations....sorry to hear...hope you are up to snuff soon...doesn't take much to put us in rest mode at this age...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you’re feeling somewhat better. Hope the Blogger comment problem is fixed and no more issues. Not sure if it published previous days’ comments. Yay -Fall is on the way! RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are on the mend or at least a little bit on the mend if only the RA would behave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been in a funk since the commenting problem started. It sucks reading a blog and wanting to comment but not being able. It is even worse now trying to go back and reread those posts and figuring out what I had wanted to say the day before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo & Cosmo's! I did not grow any this year. They grew better at my previous home.

    Connie, I am so glad your stomach issues seem better. I was worried! Especially when a day passed without seeing a post from you. You have so much going on. Something has to give. I am glad you are surrounded by helpful caring family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Saturday is a good day for you and Far guy. i am writing this at 10 AM so I know you have most of the day ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! So sorry about the cold sores! I'll bet that does hurt if you accidentally chomp one!
    The soup sounds good!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our brilliant techie son said that Blogger was contaminated by google putting AI on the blogs. As if AI ever improved anything!
    Wishing you well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love scalloped potatoes. Now that you brought the idea up I think I shall make some :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty cosmos! Oof, biting your lip with a sore would definitely be painful.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so frustrating when the comment feature did not work! And aren't mouth sores the worst! I hope you are feeling better today. Your scalloped potatoes sound delicious. Potatoes are my favorite food group.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I noticed the comment thing. I tried to comment on yours and it wouldn’t load. I finally gave up.

    FG meal sounds better than yours. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't had a cold sore for a long time. Knock on wood. I hate them. However I had never had them inside my mouth! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Making the blogspot rounds to try to catch up on comments. Yes, what a pain that was. I'm happy you are recovering - wish the process was faster.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Salmon and French fries sound good to me!!
    I'm relieved that the problem yesterday was Blogger's issue and not my computer ( which is what I briefly thought.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray....hopefully this means we can comment again. It has been a real bummer. S0ounds like you are getting alot accomplished, even though you are not feeling your best. May you feeol much better soon. Your scalloped potatoes sound good. Praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie