Saturday, October 10, 2026

Sore Arm

I had my Covid Booster on Thursday...I have sort of a sore swollen arm and had a long afternoon nap on Friday....other than that I am ok.  I will get my flu shot when I am totally recovered. 

Smudge likes to play ball so she limbered up my arm nicely!

 

You can see her brother Baxter in the background...he does not play ball.

My sister in law spent a night in the hospital this week after three ER visits and one ambulance ride.  She has Myasthenia Gravis and getting meds to the right levels is a challenge.  Prayers for her are appreciated!

What's cooking?  Pork chops and wild rice. 

Minnesota weather:  High 69 F or 21 C   Low 56F or 13C

Far Side


15 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your sister in law. I hope that she is feeling better soon., and that your arm is better too. It puzzles me that people with diagnoses have such trouble when they need emergency care. There should be a better way to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start thinking about my covid and flu shots. Tis the season. My prayers will be with your SIL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smudge is cute! No doubt he will be happy to help your arm with your next shot too.

    I had to look that disease up. Sounds horrible. Hope they figure out something helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying for your SIL and BIL. Thank the Lord cooler temperatures have finally arrived in TX! RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary times for your SIL; I hope the doctors are able to resolve the med issues.
    We're booked for our Covid and flu shots this upcoming Wednesday. Hope your arm returns to normal soon. I'm sure Smudge will happily help you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your SIL is doing better. My 2nd cousin (maternal side) had MG, and also had lots of issues with the medications over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Myasthenia Gravis is an awful thing! My prayers are with her (and you and Gene) and her husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping and praying that your SIL returns to good health. DH's aunt (now 83) was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis while in her 20s, initially affecting her chin and she'd have to hold her mouth closed but for the last 40 years, she's been fine other that fatigue.
    It's cooler here, too, and what a joy that is!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't be bothered getting anymore Covid Boosters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Covid is around again so we better get our shots. Flu season is here too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your SIL will be better soon.

    I need to get my Covid and flu shot. Best time is before the end of October I have read. Sometimes I’ve gotten horrible sore arm and other times not much. Siggie has Covid now.
    She caught it at school. Boy she trades rides with had it. At least now it’s not deadly….well, usually.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prayers for your sister-in-law! We got both the covid and the flu in the same arm at the same time. We had a super sore arm for 24 hours and made it through. Glad we are safe for the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your SIL get proper help at the hospital. And I hope your arm feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Autoimmune diseases are horrible, horrible things.
    I am glad you are able to do vaccines. My body can't even cope with them anymore. It started with the allergy doctor and then COVID sealed that decision. I may have told you that my TDAP shot two years ago gave me a rash for three months. Our bodies have definitely given us some unexpected and unwelcome issues as we have aged.
    Glad to see dog pics. There are sure some sweet ones in your lives from extended family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute puppers. Hope your SIL is doing better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie