We went to my Dr appointment...no confirmed diagnosis...could be viral, could be gluten intolerance, could be a medication reaction. Some tests are still pending. I am to add fiber to my diet in the form of Metamucil and two days later add Activia yogurt. The Dr says all my good gut bacteria is gone.
I am low on Potassium...hence the fatigue...I am to eat Bananas because the Dr feels that the Potassium pills would put my stomach in a tailspin...again.
So we are at home resting. I ordered groceries to be delivered on Wednesday.
I have been reading a lot, but not blogs...I will be around eventually.
Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. I appreciate them.
Just like that it is September...the past 10-12 days I have been in a fog. Jen, Andy and Sadie took very good care of us!
Far Side
Still praying for you and the doctors to be able to diagnose what’s going on. Thankful Jen and Andy are taking good care of you and Gene. RHill, TX
ReplyDeleteyou are blessed to have caregivers...on my prayer list as well
ReplyDeleteI can’t imagine how horrible your life has been. Not one problem but many. Eat those bananas. Eat that yogurt. Glad you ar better.
ReplyDeleteI am glad they found out the source of the problem. Yogurt works for probiotic if you like the taste and texture. To get it to my liking, it has too much sugar. I did very well with Culturelle OTC. Now I get my probiotics from New Chapter. I take at least one but usually two a day and will take a third if something is not sitting right in my gut. When their supplements were the only thing that replenished my iron with their plant-based formula, I became a customer for life. The gluten had damaged my small intestine. Hopefully they took you off the Prilosec? I have not taken any man-made fiber like Metamucil but have increased raw veggies and fruits. So much my body can't tolerate anymore but I have found what works.
ReplyDeleteIt is SOOOOO good to hear from you! I have been quite worried. Prayers for you to rebound well. PS. Besides bananas, many other foods are good sources of protein which someone has already checked on the internet.
Gosh! I'm sending you many healing thoughts
ReplyDeleteOh my - so many different diagnosis ideas. It's pretty hard to start feeling better when you are so limited on what you can eat. Sending good thoughts your way!!
ReplyDeleteBananas and yogurt make a fairly palatable milkshake ( using lactose free milk?) It's a thought. You could even throw in the Metamucil and get it done! *smile*
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you are having so much trouble :-/. Hope things improve soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that you are going through this. Years ago, like 50 years ago, I went through something somewhat similar. For six months I ate milk puddings, applesauce, plain toast, and bananas. At some point, the doctor suggested I had an ulcer on the inside of my stomach. After all these years, I don't recall why, but I finally got to have mashed potatoes, no gravy and a piece of white turkey meat for my Christmas dinner. Oh my, did that taste good!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your family is taking good care of you. I hope the suggestions of the doctor will help resolve the issues you are having.
I hope you are on the mend, and have more energy coming your way. Rest.
ReplyDelete