Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Hark Back! Issue #17

 A old blog post from January 25, 2008

Laundry

Laundry ...everyone has it...some more than others...and we all have our ways of doing it...but my way is the only way!

I sort...white...lights...darks...jeans...light colored towels...dark colored towels...sheets...never should one load mix with any of the others...everything from the dryer gets hung up or folded immediately...it may take a while to find its way out of the laundry room but it is ready to go! 

Far Guy sorts all of his laundry into appropriate bins...now he even unrolls his socks..one time I washed and dried them in the little balls in which they were presented to me...he was dismayed when he had to unroll them to put them on...from then on he unrolls his socks for me. 

Years ago (back in the 1980's ) Far Guy worked days and I worked nights...we shared laundry duty...however his share included taking clothes from the dryer and physically stomping them down in the basket...leaving all my good white work blouses really wrinkled.  I was mad as a hornet...and told him to leave my &^%$#*# laundry alone...he did and continues to do so.  Do you suppose he wrinkled those blouses on purpose 30 years ago?  I was the one fooled I think...my big mouth got me a thirty plus laundry sentence with no possibility of parole or time off for good behavior:)

********************

I am still a tad CDO over the laundry.   I still sort... Far Guy helps to carry the laundry away!  

Far Side



11 comments:

  1. Years ago, I sorted laundry as you did. Then I started washing in cold water and didn't bother. Now my daughter does all the laundry and I fold and hang it. Everything must be put away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were both working, I was very particular about our laundry being sorted in their appropriate bins and we washed clothes once or twice a week. Now we wash clothes every day and only sort out the “whites” in a bin. Dog drying towels and sheets are washed separately from clothes. Thankful for a washer and dryer. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Funny repost. Yes, we all have a particular way of doing laundry. My younger daughter throws everything of hers together, including towels. Gasp!!

    Laundry is also my job. My method is similar to yours. Except I also wash many of my tops on delicate and hang to dry. Our towels wash together. Usually a light/dark color mix together. Just depends. Ironing is rare. Our socks collect dog hair, so those are always separate. Brad gets his socks back the way he puts them in the basket. Sorry, not sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have teamwork that works for you. We have developed that more as the years go by - - especially at the grocery store. We split the list to shop. It helps and gets us out of there faster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sort, but not to the extent that you do. Towels are towels, sheets are sheets, whites are separate, colored clothes are in one load. I do the laundry and dusting while Tom does bathrooms and vacuuming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to lay out and hang over chairs immediately from the dryer. It may take me a while to get everything put away but I hate wrinkles, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 kids, 1 husband. I always did all the laundry - especially after the day he did a few loads for me, took them from the dryer to the playpen and flattened them all in bunches to fit them in. Sound familiar? All the permanent press had to be rewashed to get the wrinkles out. Once I taught the kids how to run a load - everybody's clothes were washed together. EXCEPT MOMS. I still wash all my clothing personally and separately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just have two types of laundry….light and dark. It takes a while for me to get a load of dark things.

    I never got help from Larry with much of anything in the house. You are smarter than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very fussy with laundry too. I do not wash my husband's clothes with mine unless he has a dress shirt in the mix.
    This spring my husband thought he'd help me while I was gone for a couple hours, so he put all my new knit tshirts with shorts and dried the heck out of them!
    I was not happy and I informed him of the large shopping trip ahead that was coming!
    I also said to never touch my laundry again but to only do yours if you are wanting to help.
    When the five kids were teenagers I decided that I'd get all new towels and wash cloths for them. They had them one day and as I walked into the bathrooms I was met with streaking and bleached out colors from acne cream! No new towels ever again They always got our old ones until they moved out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie