Monday, August 17, 2026

Catching Up

 Two of our Grands were here yesterday...Savannah, Paige and Paige's husband Cole. 

They came to catch us up on housework and yard work.  We are good to go again for a while.  The girls...one took upstairs and one downstairs...they vacuumed and scrubbed floors and washed some windows.  They did all the climbing on the step stool that I used to do...dusty decorative items were all cleaned up.  Cole worked outside he dug up a dead shrub, cleaned out the window well, cleaned out the grate by the front door, blew out my garage, washed the garage door and sprayed down the house...oh yes and washed Ranger Blue.  

Best of all we got to catch up with them and the goings on in their lives and we all went out for lupper at our favorite patio place.  The food was great as usual!

The girls...Paige and Savannah

Far Guy and Cole

As you can see from the photos is was a blue sky with white fluffy clouds day. 

These kids have way more energy than we do...we are tired out now.

Minnesota weather: High  75F or 24C   Low 53F or 12C

Far Side

22 comments:

  1. Seems like they earned their supper! Great grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful family! It is very, very impressive the amount of work that got accomplished. What a double blessing because you also got to enjoy their company.
    The grandsons and I were discussing the relationship with grandmothers this weekend. I told them both of my grandmothers were my favorite people in the world when I was young. The eleven year old said, "Grandmothers really, really love you and cook your favorite foods." His cousin on his father's side who is ten said, "And sometimes they sit and talk with just you." He was beaming with a huge smile because he is the middle child and found it special to have that one on one with her.
    What a gift from God they are to us and they find us that way to them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You raised them Right! Sweet babies!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to mix a visit with all that hard work for you. You have awesome grandkids!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah you are so blessed to have these adorable housekeepers...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very special Blessing. This is what families do for each other and you and FG are super Blessed to have such amazing grands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh! What a huge treat in so many ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a blessing! RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great helpers in these three! I can’t climb on things. I do some but I try to hold on to a wall is I do. No more hopping around or up and down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's some help! You are fortunate to have so many loving family members who are willing and able to help. But then you know that already. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had some awesome helpers!!! How fortunate we are to have the help that enables us to stay in our homes and keep them ( and our yards) looking good. The visiting that goes on as they work away is a big BONUS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LS.....It is so good for those three to do for others. I know it was done with love and they had a great visit too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seeing the grands would be such a joy, I liked this post

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it is so wonderful that your grands do this for you! I know you feel so blessed too. And what a fun lupper with great tablemates!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathy B in MinnesotaAugust 18, 2026 at 7:26 AM

    Lucky you! Do they travel far to get to your home?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so wonderful! What blessings they are! Yes, they do have way more energy! Our youngest daughters are 18 and 20, and they can load and unload the camper without breaking a sweat...carry in the groceries up the stairs, no problem. :). Your grandchildren are lovely, so glad they help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your grandchildren have grown into wonderful adults. As Della said, truly blessings in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That makes a great day (Visitors, helpers and company for lupper). :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie