Friday, August 21, 2026

Just Peachy

 Our local Lion's Club sponsors Palisade Peaches for sale in August every year.  It is a good fundraiser for them. 

I bought two flats and my baby brother picked them up and delivered them to us. 

One flat was ripe and ready to peal, slice and seal.  I put a teaspoon or two of sugar and sprinkle with fruit fresh on about 1 1/2 sliced peaches seal them up and freeze them.  

When I put the first batch away in the bottom of the freezer I found three bags from last year.  
They looks as good as the day we froze them. 

All of the peaches from Palisade Colorado are delicious!  Using my Food Saver Sealer locks in the freshness and it is like having fresh peaches year round. 

Most of the last flat will be processed in the next couple of days.

What's Cooking? Not cooking!  Pretzel buns with ham, turkey and cheese.  Yellow Pear Tomatoes!

Minnesota weather:  It rained about a half an inch early Thursday morning with thunder and lightening.
High 81F or 27C   Low 58F or 14C 

Far Side


13 comments:

  1. Delicious! What do you do with most of them? Pies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just like them plain, I just thaw them, I like mine cold my husband likes his room temperature so he warms his in the microwave:) Pies...now that is an idea but it has been a long time since I made a pie! I used to make Upside down cake with peaches:) Two people have to eat a whole cake or a whole pie!

      Delete
  2. Do you flash freeze them first on a tray and then freezer save them so they do not smoosh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look Delicious!!! I love my Food Saver Sealer, too. It does a fantastic job of keeping food fresh. One of the best inventions for home cooks ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never frozen peaches because all we had was an overstuffed chest freezer and things like that would quickly sift to the bottom and get lost. But last year I got an upright freezer which makes these sorts of things more practical, especially when it comes to finding them later. But our peach trees haven't produced enough peaches yet to keep ahead of the squirrels so I am still patiently waiting. Perhaps if I see some good peaches for sale in bulk I might buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one thing about living a tad more southern is that one can actually get peaches that are ripe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good. I bought a flat (we are just a hour away from Palisade) and ate the whole thing!!! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I struggle with selecting Peaches. They are either rock hard or too soft for my taste. Your's look yummy and perfectly ripe!!

    We use our Food Saver so often that it sits on the counter. Sadly, I think the heating strip is on the way out. We are suddenly having sealing issues and I have Green Beans and a lot of Peppers I need to freeze!

    I find hiding frozen bags too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen peaches here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your peaches look good and I bet they taste even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does it! I ‘m getting a food saver sealer. I freeze cut up okra and peppers and get so tired of throwing them away because they turn brown and get icy in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie