Sunday, August 23, 2026

Saturday

We had a small family dinner on Saturday evening with my brothers and their wives....one of our cousins from Missouri was visiting the area so we got together for supper.  My baby brother made brisket and ribs...the potato salad that I cooked ingredients for yesterday was our contribution to the meal.  Good food,  good company and good conversation. 

 

Far Guy and I finished preparing the last of the peaches for freezing.  We stayed inside most of the day as the air quality was bad.  

Minnesota weather; High 73F or 23C  Low 49F or 9C 

Fall is slowing coming...leaves are beginning to fall out of the trees and some of the stressed trees/bushes are turning color. 

Far Side

10 comments:

  1. The Cosmos flower is lovely. Fall is coming.

    Brisket sounds mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice break in the same 'ol same old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed some color change here on stressed young trees. It's been a hard summer. I know you'll enjoy those peaches through the coming winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a delightful and delicious day! Times with loved ones are more precious with each year we add to our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good food, good company and good conversation....it doesn't get much better. We're off to enjoy all three at our GD's place this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've got a little family get together coming up next weekend. We've been having blazing heat.
    The dogwoods in town are starting to show some red color, I was wondering if the midwest was having any leaf color changes yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brisket sounds really good. I know we'll be getting brisket sandwiches at Buccee's when we head to Galveston next winter. I hope winter doesn't come too soon since we'll need to head over the mountains the first week in October.
    Blessings and hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo!!! I am relieved that the temperatures are more comfortable now with less heat and humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been so dry this summer that plants are going into dormancy very early.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie