Sunday, July 26, 2026

Picnic

 My baby brother and his bride hosted a picnic for family.  It was a good turn out.  All the little kids had a blast on the slip and slide on the hill. 

This Blue Spruce is on the edge of my baby brother's yard. 

Anyways the food was great...I made potato salad.  
It was a very warm day. 

Minnesota weather: High 89F or 32C  Low  68F or 20C

Far Side

15 comments:

  1. That blue spruce is so pretty. It reminds me of cool weather.

    Kids love slip and slides. Hope everyone had a shade tree to sit under.

    The word picnic is a neat word. It’s a French origin word from the 1600’s. The pic comes from piquer meaning to peck and nic from nique, a rhyming word with trifle. Originally it was an indoor potluck, not an outdoor meal and each brought food or wine. English took it outdoors and used picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picnics are fun. Families make them better! I'm glad the heat didn't stop the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful. I miss those big gatherings with extended family. My side hasn’t done this in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always pleased when we have a family get-together. I imagine there was a lot of laughter and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A family picnic with generations of family is terrific. And so is potato salad, lol. It sounds like the kids really enjoyed it. I wish you had more tolerable weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful blue spruce.
    It's family picnic season. Family gatherings are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tree is gorgeous! God did great creating that one. I am thankful to hear of your family picnic. My mind immediately went back to the memories of family reunions in my childhood in upstate NY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue spruces remind me so much of Christmas time. I think they ought to rename them Christmas tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to get together with family for a happy occasion.
    Blue spruce are beautiful trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer is the best time for family gatherings. All the kids can tear around and the adults can sit in the shade and visit. And there's always food!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good that there's enough of your family i the area so that you can get together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so wonderful to be close to family.

    I love Blue Spruce! Unfortunately they do not grow very well here in sandy soil.

    When our kids were little we planted an alternating double row of 3-4' tall trees at our old home. My kids still remember it, and going to nurseries looking for trees on sale :) They were around $20. At first, our neighbors were not happy with us. A development across a State Hwy started going up. The tree's blocked both. For the rest of our years there, they mentioned how thankful they were that we planted those trees. They are huge now, around 30-40' tall!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie