Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Far Guy and some bras

  Far Guy's Dr appointment with the Endocrinologist...the appointment went well, the two growths on his left thyroid have not changed in size in the past six months...The Dr said they are nothing to worry about only 4% of benign growths become a problem.  Come back in a year!  That was good news!

We stopped by a small place to eat called Hub 41 lakeside in Detroit Lakes.  Over the weekend they had a fundraiser (Skippin' and Sippin' Breast Cancer Walk) sponsored by the Lakes Area Parrot Heads ...we got to meet the gal in charge (Kathy) they raised $20,000 over the weekend.  They had one man that showed up as a breast cancer survivor.  Men get breast cancer too! Kathy was happy to meet Far Guy and encouraged him to show up next year the first Saturday in October.  He gave her a donation. 


Far Guy said he wished he had been there when all the bras were taken off!  In December he will have one year post breast cancer chemo, surgery and radiation.  He will tell you that once you have cancer it is never over...it stays with you forever.

Far Side

13 comments:

  1. Yeah, there really isn't such a thing as "curing" cancer. There is only beating it into remission and hoping it doesn't come back during the remainder of your life. Attending events for cancer survivors with my mom was always a humbling experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful to hear the good reports. God is so good! It’s finally getting cooler here with 60’s at night. We survived the long, very hot summer. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bras - - I generally read first or at least I jumped straight to words today and did not notice the picture until afterwards. I wondered what you were talking about when FG said he wished he had been there when all the bras were taken off. I figured it had something to do with support bras during treatment, etc. Some wear those after lumpectomies.
    THEN I saw the decorations of the bras and understood. Pretty clever and typical male comment!!! Sounds like my husband.
    Totally understandably that cancer never leaves your mind. The trauma of it returns each time you go for a check-up while waiting for the report.
    Super thankful for his good report!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed at FG wishing he had been there when the bras came off. LOL That is a clever fundraiser, and an impressive amount raised too. Glad his appointments went well, and that he continues doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i must admit when I first read the title, I was a bit confused. But it all makes sense now.
    Congrats to the small business for hosting the event and raising the funds. Both my father and my aunt had breast cancer, sadly she did not survive this horrible disease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic fundraiser! And what a great outcome! My friend is a two time breast cancer survivor and it's never over, but good news for now. She talks about research and all it is doing. We are in our 70's while her aunts in her BRCA gene family died in their 40's.
    Good news for Mr FG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The title gave me a giggle, breast cancer is thankfully not something I know anything about

    ReplyDelete
  8. Through it all Far Guy has not lost his sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good that FG happened to happen upon that fundraiser. Men do get breast cancer and now a few more folks know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love FG’s sense of humor. He is so brave. I can tell he’s still positive after all he’s been through.

    A whole year before a return. That’s great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good news in his checkup!
    My husband had a mammogram, he said never again! His doctor also had a mammogram check up. Guys do need to be aware of the possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They can think up some wild ways to fund raise.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie