Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Organizing Woodcarving Supplies

 Far Guy was having a time with all his woodcarving supplies.  Things were spread out all over.  I asked him if I could help...he said "sure."

He has lots of carving gloves, sand paper and paint brushes!  Some of the "stuff" I had no idea what it did but I am really good at sorting like things.   After two afternoons he is mostly organized. 




It was a fun sort for me and I know he feels better knowing what he has...not sure if he can locate everything or not...but he only has a few place to look!

I have some bark left to sort and some small wood pieces that were cut for flowers.   When I have finished with that I will do some organizing and cleaning up of some of my "stuff" in the garage.

What's Cooking?  We made Gluten Free Apple Pancake it was yummy!  My stomach is still iffy.

 Minnesota weather: High 84F  or 29C   Low was 54F or 12C
We got a sprinkle of rain Tuesday morning...reported by Far Guy as he felt it on his head when he walked to the garage. 
Far Side


10 comments:

  1. It always feels good when things are organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like FG's set-up - - plenty of space and the outdoors joining him. Organization is phenomenal and always seem to give some surprises. We continue to sort our stuff in the basement. It's like it's never-ending. I feel like the stuff on top was weighing down the other things and burying it below the floor. Each time we clear one from the top, another rises like it's on an elevator.
    The pancake sounds good! If you ever want to post recipes, we will enjoy them. I have a GF waffle that isn't half-bad but we love pancakes. I pray your stomach gets lots better. Mine can be iffy some days with just water. grrrrrrrr. It's life and guess we are doing well to still be here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gluten Free Apple Pancake it is whats for supper!

      Recipe from Jen

      Preheat oven to 375 degrees

      Put 2 or 3 sliced Granny Smith Apples, 4 tablespoons butter, 1/4 cup of sugar and 2 plus teaspoons cinnamon into a cast iron or oven proof skillet and cook 5 -7 minutes until the apples are soft.

      In a bowl combine 3 room temperature eggs and 1/2 cup room temperature milk...beat then add 1/4 teaspoon or more vanilla and 1/2 cup gluten free flour...mix. Pour over the apples and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Flip upside down to serve.

      This recipe serves three or four people.

      Delete
  3. I need you to organize my crafting supplies!! You did a good job on his supplies, and I'll bet he will be very glad you did. Looks like a good spot to carve - with a view and fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to sort also. I am also the one who can FIND something when it gets lost :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m envious of your weather. We’re dry and 100 here.

    Larry always bugged me about being organized. I’m a slob. Nice of you to help FG with his wood carving stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need you to come and organize my craft stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't craft, as I don't have this talent, but I do love to clean and organize! You are doing a fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never known a Virgo who couldn't organize and get every little thing in place. Wait! You are a Virgo, right? :) You've got it all looking nice and organized. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Storing things in clear containers like you seem to have done makes it easier to find things too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie