Monday, September 21, 2026

I had a great day!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!  I appreciate every one of them!  

Far Guy and I worked in the garage for a little while then we decided to go to an out of the way place for lunch.  On the way to lunch we could go by a cemetery where I could place some Fall flowers and take a photo of one of my cousins headstones.   Then we went to lunch...Far Guy had a Prime Rib Sandwich...I had some french fries and a soda.  Then we went to an Apple Orchard where I bought a bag of Honey Crisp apples!   We had a lovely drive in the country.  

The place we stopped for lunch ...years ago it was a general store and shirttail relatives owned it...the tin ceiling and the old wood floors remain.  I recall visiting there many times. 

Some of the trees are starting to turn colors.

I made apple crisp and in the evening my other baby brother and she who sees robins first came over to taste it with us!

Minnesota weather: High  64F or 18C    Low 44F or 7C
Far Side

11 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday! Enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, apple crisps. I am still looking forward to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a truly lovely day. Your going out to eat menu sounds like mine. It's all good as long as it doesn't disagree with our digestive system.
    I make Apple Crisp for us, too - - - about once every three weeks and we call it a meal because we eat double portions! Plus it is our healthy guilty pleasure. Then we will have a sandwich later on. Apple Crisp is even better than apple pie because you get more apples than you do in a pie with less flour product. My crisp topping is 1/4 c GF flour, 1/4 c Oatmeal, 1/3 minus 1 TLBSP brown sugar, 1/3 tsp cinnamon - - - 2.5 TLBSP cold butter - - - that I put in my electric chopper. SO VERY YUMMY! Thanks for making our mouths water with his meal and your dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely way to spend a birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The leaves on the tree by the church are turning pretty colors.

    I bought apples off the Amish truck. I bought Jonagold. They are already mushy so I’m making applesauce. Laura bought what you did and hers are good. I’m a maker of bad decisions.

    Glad you got to eat out. Since I’m not a good cook I enjoy it.

    Apple crisp is a favorite of mine. I tried to make an apple Bundt cake…another bad decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very enjoyable day. I'm guessing your tummy is still giving you a bit of grief. Hope you continue to get some relief.
    Apple crisp brings back memories of my mom. It was one of her favourite desserts - especially with vanilla ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful day. I use the term shirt tail relatives and the people who are around me don't know what I mean. I am happy to read it in a blog. Your apple crisp sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall is in the air! We were 43* this morning when I got up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honey crisp apples are so delicious.. How fun to find a new place to enjoy a meal. I like these kind of places and to be able to enjoy a nice ride along with a good place to eat is tops.. Hope your day was extra special ... Happy Birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a wonderful day.. one to bring you joy..

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear it was a fun day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie