Monday, September 28, 2026

Counting books

 I made a book count...I had to know...how many was I hoarding?   Can you guess?  How many books are in your home on your list to read? 

I try to get them out of the house as soon as I am done with them or right after the book club discussions.  I give them to my sister in law or donate them to the local little library. 

So many books so little time. 

I did not count books that I plan to give away!


This one is headed to Great Grandson Hey Mikey a 4th Grader!

Good memories as Adam and I read chapters in these books when he was little.  The books made us laugh!  

Oh yes that book count...68.  Last time I counted it was 62...I am slipping!

Far Side

12 comments:

  1. I'm quite ashamed to count mine. I likely have that just on the shelf beside my bed. If I count the books on the huge bookshelf down in the family room that I put there thinking I might read someday when I get caught up with the bookshelf in the bedroom, I likely have a couple hundred. If you count the one's I've read already but thought I might read again someday, it is likely over a thousand. I've been working hard to thin that latter category because I've realize that just isn't going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mikey will have much appreciation for this book. I admire your love for reading..I might have 9 or 10 and then, dozens upon dozens of children's books.. I worked as the librarian at our local elementary school for a few years. When it was book fair time, I couldn't resist buying children's books for my grands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ecclesiastes 12:12 says something to the effect "of the making of books, there are many".
    I haven't counted mine to see how many are left to read. Lots have been given away over the years but I have some that will be here until the kids clean them out. Some are been read more than once like "A Man Called Peter" by Catherine Marshall. And of course, "Christy". I LOVE a. biography that is a page turner. "Christy", of course, is a fictionalized account based on many facts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. only about a dozen plus quilt books, about 25 of those...room is at a premium so am a library groupie...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that's a pretty decent count of books to be read! I currently have seven, which I'd planned to read at least four of over the summer. How many did I read? None...though I'm part way through one of them.
    It is wonderful you are encouraging Mikey to read. My grandson is learning to enjoy it too, and becoming a more proficient reader every day. He still spends too much time on his devices to my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure I have hundreds of books in my house. I have been letting my grandchildren take the ones they like and I still have lots left.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to gift my books as soon as I read also. Otherwise ----- well, you understand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister-in-law passed in January. Her two truck loads of books went to the library. Who knows if they kept them all or toss the less needed ones. My kids books are antiques that probably could be sold over the net.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have to count them on my Kindle, but there are lots there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what you have stashed is a goldmine right in your house.

    Mikey will love his book.

    Today I took a bunch of books and donated them to my library.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't count my keepers. I know it is in the hundreds. I have a massive built-in bookcase in my living room and it is two books deep. Then I have a bookcase with glass doors which holds my cookbook collection. Rounding the corner is my "to-read" pile which has a dozen I can count from my chair. And then there is the pile of "to-read" on the counter that I discovered while shifting some stuff. So. I am only counting the to be read's and that is probably 30 books. And when I finish the 30, they are either going to a little library or someone must leave the shelves to make room. I CANNOT accumulate any more books.
    If I am making a confession - I have a bookcase in my bedroom for books that were my mothers and a built-in book case in my hallway that my husband made for VHS tapes in the day. That is where I have my paperback series keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've quit reading. I know that's bad but It just doesn't happen anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie