Sunday, October 4, 2026

Catching up

 We had ten medical appointments last week.  I like to bunch them all together if possible.  We had seven on Monday and Tuesday in Grand Forks, ND.  Far Guy saw his Palliative Care Dr, Pulmonologist and Oncologist.  A few meds were changed but nothing new is noted...he will have a PET scan in three months.   I saw a Neurologist who wants better nerve studies done that he will do himself, I had Visual Field tests at the eye Dr and she did a quick exam...I am still suspicious for glaucoma but don't have it yet, my eye pressures are great.  Then I had an MRI...I hate those things...The cysts on my pancreas are stable  the one on the uncinate process of the pancreas measures 5.2 cm x 3.8 cm  previously it was 5.3 cm x 3.5 cm  the cyst on the neck of the pancreas measured 9mm  and it measured 8mm in May.  I have not heard from the Gastroenterologist for his recommendations.  They can do nothing about them...I will have to go to Mayo at some point in time. 

Thursday Far Guy had his infusion and I ran errands.  On Friday we both saw the Dermatologist...I was all clear but Far Guy had a biopsy taken from his forehead. 

It was an exhausting week...next week we have three appointments...practically a vacation for me as they are all Far Guy's appointments. 

We are finally unpacked here at home, I am still catching up on laundry.  I had a nap every day since we got home. 

Far Guy has been fussing with Tilly and woodcarving. Hockey pre season games have begun.

I mulched leaves in the yard yesterday...they are about 50% down. 


Minnesota weather:  High 61F  or 16C   Low 40F or 4C

What's cooking?   Steak burgers, french fries and green beans.

Far Side

15 comments:

  1. It truly is exhausting when you have multiple doctors/medical visits. I hope things slow down for you soon, so you can recharge your batteries, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the wedding and the doctors, you all have run two marathons! Proud of you. Very happy you are settled back at home for a bit. That's wild that half your leaves are down. We lost some with drought but the colors have not started changing. yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been BUSY!!!! No leaves down here, I'm ready for them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of appointments, so I suspect a lot of hurry up and wait. Unless you have the first appointment of the day, it is rare for the doctors to be on time. Glad the results were decent.
    Our Manitoba maple is holding on to its last few leaves but I'd say that we're about 75% down here. In fact there is a possibility of snow early next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our appointment week is this week. I am not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think many appts together is a good idea. Especially since you travel some distance and I know all that riding is irritating to your back. The pancreas stuff sounds scary. Take a break this week!

    Good to be home. Ahhhhjn

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much going on at yours, not all good or pleasant such as having an MRI

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness...y'all did have a FULL week last week. It's good to have these behind you now. We are going to pray those cyst away and you will not have to go to Mayo clinic... Hope you both get some much needed rest this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Appointments can be exhausting, especially if it involves lots of travel time.
    A few days of rest are needed, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you all the best. Doctor's appointments are never fun but so necessary. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lot of appointments and a busy week. I would have napped too. Appointments are so tiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure you'd rather have something else to keep you busy rather medical appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure all those appointments were exhausting. You both earned naps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It must be a job just keeping all the different appointments straight!! I'm sure you'll enjoy a week with just a few.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie