Monday, October 5, 2026

47 minus 10

 I had 46 cousins (47 counting me) on my Dad's side of the family.  Sadly our number decreased by one on September 24th.  My cousin Diana died from hardening of the arteries in the lungs. 

Diana was a marvelous quilter, she had a long arm machine and everything.  Her health began to go downhill after her husband died back in February of 2026.  

She was very active with our cousins group.  She was a wonderful Grandmother and Great Grandmother! 

She will be missed by her family and all of her cousins.


I was glad that I was able to attend her funeral service.

Far Side

13 comments:

  1. My condolences on the loss of your dear cousin. I wish my cousins kept in touch better. I'm the oldest of 16 maternal cousins, with 2 of the youngest ones having already passed away. I'm in the middle of 16 paternal cousins, also with 2 of the younger ones gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies on the passing of your cousin Debbie. Terrible for the family to lose both her and her husband in the same year.
    I come from a much smaller family, only four cousins on Dad's side, all much older than I, and 11 on Mom's side. We've lost all of the four older cousins, and one of the maternal group. The last of the aunts and uncles passed away a little over a year ago, so we are now the elder generation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences on your great loss. I come from a small family so only have a single cousin. I can't imagine having 46 others! Family reunions must have been fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a bunch. I counted on my dad’s side I had 16. On Mom’s none.

    Sounds like her life was lived to the fullest. That’s always heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My condolences. On my father's side I'm one of 12 cousins. One deceased so far. One lost his wife to brain cancer. I was able to visit her twice in hospice and went to her funeral. It was a privilege to be able to give that support to a cousin who has been there for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She was a beautiful woman. Most of our cousins lived in other states so we did not see them much when we were growing up. However I had a second cousin who was actually in my classes in our small school. She and I became best friends and resembled each other quite a bit. I admire people who create quilts. That takes a lot of patience and time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you lost your cousin. She was a pretty woman. I need to add up my cousins which might take some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry that you have lost a cousin! We are aging fast aren't we and losing them sooner than we thought!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My condolences. It's hard when siblings and cousins start passing away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie