Friday, October 9, 2026

100

 My Dad would have been 100 today.  He only made it to 96 years and 71 days.  Just a bit short of his goal. 

This is us...Dad and me twenty years ago...Dad was 80 and I was 55.  

Time marches on...and our days are numbered...so make the best of each day that the good Lord gives us...until he calls us home. 

Far Side

Job 14:5  "Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass."

10 comments:

  1. so very true..my mom lived to 97 and it wasn't nearly long enough....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad would have been 100 this year as well. He has been gone for 24 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a terrific photo of you both. Having your dad (and mom) around so many years was a blessing I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dad also wanted to live to be 100, and missed the goal by a little less than 2 years. One never knows how many years we'll have - every day on this side of the dirt is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Bingo stories with you and your dad. He seemed like a great guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were privileged to have your Dad for so many years. Mine died at 93 which was 23 years more than my Mom had. Her birthday would have been yesterday and she would have been 113.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Psalm 90:10
    10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

    You and I are heading toward 4 score. We are blessed. I’m hoping to stay around longer, but I’ll just take what God has picked for me. I hope I can live and not just take up space here.

    Happy birthday in heaven to your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that picture of you and your dad. Take good care. God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo! Happy Heavenly Birthday to your Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie