Sunday, September 6, 2026

Quiet day

 This fungi is growing on a tree at the end of our driveway.


Interesting looking.  It might be safe for consumption but I am not trying it!  My diet is limited! 

Saturday Far Guy spent woodcarving his own projects, he is happiest outside listening to the birds and wood carving. 

I cleaned the bathroom and washed all the towels and rugs and gave the floor a good scrub...used to be hands and knees now it is hands and butt.  I never quite got the art of a mopping.  We do have a steamer and I may use that one of these days to sanitize the tile floors. 

What's cooking?  Same old same old Chicken and Wild Rice soup.  There is just one serving left so maybe more diverse foods are on my horizon. 

Minnesota Weather: High 80F or 27C  Low was 66F or 19C

Far Side

9 comments:

  1. I have yet to travel through Minnesota when it wasn't snowing and cold. Enjoy your nice weather while you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are beginning to heal. I am very happy to hear this. It helps to like chicken and rice which I also, do. Do you have a schedule for adding foods yet?
    I am thinking green beans and at some point, peas. Peas have good protein. I prefer to buy my vegetables frozen rather than canned - - better flavor and no additives.
    For my green beans, I like to cook them with a bit of water of course but also some chicken bullion granules, and powdered garlic powder. I add butter after cooking. Something about cooking veggies in butter doesn't set well with me now.
    I know you will or create find good recipes because you seem to be able to accomplish whatever you set for a goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No schedule yet...most likely something with chicken and green beans and carrots and more fruits and maybe sweet potatoes:)

      Delete
  3. We like chicken (sometimes from a can), Rice-a-Roni (chicken or herb & butter), chopped onions, and broccoli florets all stirred together in a large high sided skillet. Season to taste. A splash of chicken broth is sometimes needed, too.
    Am glad you're doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quiet days are good days. That is an interesting fungi. I don't risk foraging either. Chicken & rice soup sounds yummy. It is almost soup season for us. In bet you will enjoy more food variety!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems you are feeling some better, getting some housework out of the way. Enjoy your soup and wishing you continued healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No doubt you know that all fungi are edible at least once.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You’re going to get sick of rice. I’d already be tired of it.

    The mushroom looks like a gnome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sitting in the sun carving sounds great. Sitting on your butt washing the floor sounds about as bad as it can get.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie