Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Granny Square Shell Stitch

 I finished an afghan.   I started it mid July and finished it mid August.  I was pleased with how it turned out.


I did not go rogue with the colors...the main color is called Stone and then I used six different repeating colors. Some of the colors were Petrol, Copper, Cyprus and Claret...plus two more whose names escape me.  I am not sure how much yarn was used for the main color...3 maybe 4 skeins...I had partial balls from previous projects.

I began another using Stylecraft Special DK using just two colors Parchment and Denim using a 3.5 crochet hook.  I am starting this project with 4 skeins of Parchment and 1 of Denim and we will see how far that gets me. 


I suspect this one will take about a month maybe longer to finish. 

I crochet in the afternoon when we watch Grey's Anatomy and in the evening when I watch TV. 

My stash is not going down very fast...I have not ordered yarn in a long time...I have four large totes of Special DK in all kinds of colors:)

Far Guy had company for coffee on Tuesday morning an old friend from the Air Guard.  

After the visitors left we worked on Christmas Ornaments in the garage.  With Fall in the air around here I cannot waste a nice day. Progress is slow but steady. 

Minnesota Weather: High 71F or 22C  Low was 46F or 8C

What's Cooking?  Brats and Far Guy's Famous Dip. 

Far Side

18 comments:

  1. The blanket turned out beautifully. The one with only 2 colors will be pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Afghan. I may try again this winter. I have to hold my mouth just right to do bpdc. I do a few stitches then boom, I’m doing front post. Would it work doing front post double crochet? I am totally left brained.

    Any Hoo…it turned out gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Connie,
    Is Far Guy’s famous dip a family secret or could you share it here?
    I enjoy your blog with my breakfast most days along with Galla Creek’s.😁
    Ann from Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far Guy’s Dip

      Brown 1 Pound of Italian Sausage

      Add and stir until creamy

      A can of Hormel Chili with no beans

      1 plus pounds of Velveeta Cheese

      A brick of Philly Cream Cheese

      Pickled Jalapeno Peppers sliced, add as many or as few as you like

      Delete
  4. Beautiful afghans! Great way to make a small dent in your stash too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might as well be speaking Latin for all the good it does me reading the first part of the post. To me it just looks super complicated, and attractive! I start understanding things when you get to talking about Far Guy's coffee visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realty like the colors in that finished Afghan, and the pattern too. It looks like Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're driving along, almost to Sioux Falls, SD. It's still warm, but very humid and rainy. I wish we could take some of this rain the the northwest with us.
    That's a beautiful blanket and the colors are perfect together. I've done that pattern before and always enjoy the result.
    It's hard to imagine that it will be October before we head back this way. Christmas is coming up fast!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both afghans have lovely colors, sometimes simple is best. Fall is starting to creep up on us here too, with mist over the river on these cooler mornings, and geese starting to gather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Afghan is beautiful! I love the colours and design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are pretty. I actually like the parchment and denim best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like reading the names of those yarn colours. Petrol doesn't sound great but the others do.
    You're a fast crocheter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You seem to find different stitches to challenge yourself. They say this is good for the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is amazing how quickly you get things done with your crocheting. That is a pretty pattern and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so ready for cooler weather. 100* Yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’ve always admired your work The finished afghan is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie