We began the week thinking about the wood carved Christmas Ornaments. Far Guy does the bulk of the carving and I help out with the final sanding and painting. I had several ideas on how to paint them.
Three of my sisters Grands will return to Japan in about two weeks...so their ornaments were our priority on Monday. They just need hangers to be complete. Yeah us! Four down and many to go!
Look what nephew Jacob and my sister found at the dump...it was cleaned up and the boys were having a blast. They even hauled hay to my sisters horse. They have had a fun Summer here in Minnesota. When they return to Japan school will have begun.Far Guy asked me out on a date...but alas Tilly didn't feel like going...so we stayed home. He reminded me that it was better than being in the ditch...a long time ago in the Winter he was supposed to pick me up for a date...he went in the ditch twice because of icy roads....each time he called me and said he would be late. We never went on that date either.
Minnesota weather: High 79F or 26C Low was 58F or 14C almost a perfect day!
What's Cooking? Buttermilk pancakes, sausages and peaches.
Far Side
Mmmm, pancakes are my favorite!
ReplyDeleteThat is impressive, getting your vehicle out not once, but twice from a ditch to get to the girl's house. He must have been dating WAY above his level!
ReplyDeleteI can just imagine the laughs those kids had with their new vehicle. How fun!!
ReplyDeleteAwe...such a sweet date story...sometimes things just don't work out. This was a great find at the dump and I can see that the kids were really enjoying this new adventure. I pray for their safe trip back to Japan and that their school year will be Blessed..
ReplyDeletePancakes are always a nice supper
ReplyDeleteThose children look like they are having a grand time! What a great find. It's wonderful when people know how to fix things and get them working again. It sounds like all the family has had much fun during this visit. It is difficult day though when we have to say "until we see each other again."
ReplyDeleteHopefully Tilly's problem will be easily remedied. Some days can be difficult as we all age - - human or machine!
What a great find!!! Memories being created!! I love the two running behind.
ReplyDeleteHe is right - better than being in a ditch. Mr Merry does not eat pancakes. I know, I know. And I married him anyway. I only make pancakes for company now.
I bet those three have loved their visit. That a a cool find and it looks great. I’m glad your sister got to enjoy them for the summer.
ReplyDeleteTilly wouldn’t cooperate so no date. She may be a little jealous of you.
The ornament will be special especially across the ocean in Japan!
That's a wonderful photo and what a great dump find. Wow! Those kids will want to return every summer of their childhood.
ReplyDelete