I was busy all day...laundry, cleaning a bathroom, some dusting then some time working on the Christmas Ornaments.
It rained in the morning but the afternoon was nice working in the garage.
This is one of my favorite Black eyed Susans...called Cherokee Sunset....it has bloomed in the same spot for the past ten or so years.We called it quits about 4PM and watched Grey's Anatomy...we are in Season 14 now. I did have a nap!
What's cooking? Not a thing because our fridge has a bunch of leftovers that we warmed up in the microwave.
Minnesota weather: High 81F or 27C Low was 59F or 15C It rained about 3/4 of an inch according to my other baby brother.
August is half gone.
Far Side
Naps are good!
ReplyDeletesummer is fleeting for sure...i've burned many pots of green beans myself...
ReplyDeleteBrown eyed Susans are one of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteI have a bunch of leftovers I need to start cooking! YAY
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful flower! I wish I had more room to try growing all the different varieties I see on yours and others blogs.
ReplyDeleteI have never seen a blackeyed susan that color before. I love those orangy petals.
ReplyDeleteThe Cherokee Susan is special. I’ve never seen one. 10 years is a long time for it to come back each year.
ReplyDeleteYour rain was a treat. Hot and dry here.
I hope you save this photo for one of your cards...It is beautiful... Leftovers are always great to have in the fridge...easy dinners..
ReplyDeleteGreat day!
ReplyDeleteCherokee Sunset would be my favourite Rudbeckia too. I'll look for it.
ReplyDeleteLeftovers are easy to reheat if one has a microwave
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've seen a black eyed susan that color. It's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it great when our pretty flowers self seed and bring us joy year after year? Your Cherokee Sunset is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove the color of the Black eyed Susan! Ive seen quite a few different colors of orange and yellow ones at the nursery. They are one of my favorite flowers next to hydrangea, Iris,peonies. I guess I like most of them.
ReplyDeleteI also love leftovers especially when it has been so hot!
Our temps are starting to get a little lower. Only in the high 80's the last few days and rain every day too. I'm looking forward to cooler weather in the Black Hills next week.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Best
LD...It is a great shot of a beautiful flower. We plug along getting things done. I have my wife painting again and I will do double time if I can to keep her painting.
ReplyDelete