Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Bee Balm

 The Bee Balm or Monarda is blooming. The Bumble Bees love it.

These plants are over in my baby brothers wild gardens.  I went to check them out one day and came across a bunch of baby turkeys and two adults.  As long as I don't come across the bear that is in the neighborhood...there are two of them. 

We only have one appointment this week!  Yeah us!  

I am not sure what I did all day on Monday...one load of laundry and some paperwork...hardly a days worth.

What's cooking?  Phillys on pretzel buns and corn on the cob.  We made enough so it was a cook once eat twice meal! Tuesday will be a no cooking day!

On Sunday we tried the Pizza Ranch in town.  We need a Sunday place to go when our favorite patio place closes for the season.  The pizza was good and so was the chicken after we stripped off all the coating:) Seems like it will work just fine for an alternate place. 

Minnesota weather:  High 83F or 28C    Low 55F or 13C 

Far Side


4 comments:

  1. We have the same bee balm. It’s really pretty and the bees love it.

    Hope you can find a place to eat so you won’t have to cook the one day.

    One appointment may be a record setter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always great to make a meal that makes for a second day's meal. The bee balm is such a beautiful lavender color. Two bears? Yes, please be careful when out and about. Seems like there are so many bears roaming this year. Would you believe there has been sightings of bears in counties that are near us...Maybe 40 miles. I always thought it was too hot for bears in our area. Y'all have a good day and stay hydrated..

    ReplyDelete
  3. August is here and so is the over the top heat. Well, we started August heat in June. 104* yesterday :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone raves about the chicken at our local Pizza Ranch and I guess it is okay in my book too. But I try to avoid buffet places these days so I only go to Pizza Ranch when others invite me to celebrate a birthday or some other event there. I've probably been there less than five times in the last decade.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments! If you have a question I will try to answer it here. I no longer accept anonymous comments. All comments will be approved before posting...due to spammers...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest every hair on his body. Connie