Saturday, October 7, 2017

67 Years Together

My parents will celebrate their 67th Wedding Anniversary today. 

Mom and Dads Anniversary

I made this card for them a number of years ago.  The photo of the church they were married in is the background photo.

They had a candlelight ceremony at 7:30 in the evening.  Dad was soon to be 24 years old, Mom was almost 21.  Their birthdays and anniversary all happen within a week.

Since I am the oldest and most responsible I have been there for all 67 of their anniversaries.  I was born just 17 days before their 1st anniversary and Mom and I celebrated all by ourselves since Dad was in Korea.

bookmark-p002 

A card I made for them this year. I took a photo last year on their anniversary and I will take another photo today.

Happy 67th Anniversary! 

Blog Signature

20 comments:

Shirley H. said...

Glad to read your post today and hope that means you are feeling better!

marlu said...

Congratulations to your parents!

Cynthia said...

The first card you made is beautiful! Congratulations to your mom and dad.

Cathie said...

Wish them happy anniversary from me, please.

DJan said...

Wow! Congratulations to your wonderful parents, and to you for having been there from (almost) the beginning. :-)

Jenn Jilks said...

Wow, indeed!

Phyllis Pritchard said...

Happy Anniversary to them!! God's blessings

Mac n' Janet said...

How wonderful.. The picture of your mother when she was young looks so much like my Aunt Shirley who was of Scandinavian heritage and was born in Minnesota.

Terry and Linda said...

EXCELLENT! Happy Anniversary to your parents!!!

Rita said...

Happy anniversary to them! Great cards!
Wow! Just makes me smile. :)

Kansas Kay said...

Beautiful cards & Wonderful Anniversary! Congratulations to them!

Red said...

That's an amazing number. Congratulations to them.

Pauline Persing said...

Beautiful tribute to your parents.

Granny Marigold said...

Congratulations to your parents. I like the card with the image of the church in the background.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Congrats to them! A long time together. Awesome!

Gemma's person said...

Happy Anniversary to them!

Linda Reeder said...

"most responsible", huh. Well, you certainly are doing a good job of honoring your parents! Congratulations to them, and to you.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing thing that you've been there for all the anniversaries. My folks were married in 1950 also. Best wishes to your folks! Congratulations to them.

Tired Teacher said...

Happy Anniversary to your Mom & Dad ❤️

Sam I Am...... said...

How did I fall so behind in reading your posts? The time seems to fly by! Happy Anniversary to your folks. what a great daughter you are to take the time and make those lovely cards! I bet they cherish them. The church looks just like the church I went to as a child in my hometown.