The research and development of the 2017 Christmas ornament is complete.
IT WAS A STRUGGLE. The ornament I had in mind was just not making it from my head to the pattern to the wood. I gave up and said “Let’s do this instead!”
One is complete with Chance’s name. We need to round up some more wood…probably from the carving guys. I cut out a few with the band saw, and will cut out some more one of these days….I think I have enough wood to do thirty and I need eighty something. ( The rough shape is cut from a piece of Basswood.)
Just to have something in the works to grab and sit outside in the afternoon to carve is a good thing. Having the project underway is a good thing. It is a relief.
You have to make hay when the sun shines!