Tuesday, May 2, 2017

May Day Deliveries

We began our deliveries in the afternoon with a basket for my parents and then two of my favorite cousins. 

After supper we continued our deliveries.

No one was home

The four princesses and the little prince were not at home so their baskets ended up in grocery bags tied to the plant hanger.

A neighbor girl Haley

One of the little neighborhood gals had a big smile for us.

Then we stopped by one of the neighborhood bachelors, and then over to Steve and Jo’s where Chance got a May Basket!

Chance and his May Basket

He wasn’t very polite about it, he just wanted to rip it apart to get to the jerky treats!

Lumber Mason

Our last stop was at Lumber Masons…his adorable sister was not home so he assured me that he would save one basket for her!  He is growing like a weed and is taller than me now.

Thus ends another sucessful May Day!  I hope some of my readers days were brightened by a basket, a kindness or just a smile.

Blog Signature

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such happy, beautiful smiles on the recipient's faces. May Day with you is always memorable. Hi to Chance!

Anonymous said...

Your baskets put smiles on many face! And I'm sure that made you smile too.

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos and glad you all had a nice May day , My may day was the return of our Baltimore Oriels so I am happy about that , now just waiting for the hummers , it has been a soggy beginning to May for us wishing for some sunshine now . Gardens are doing well and all is green and lush . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

Henny Penny said...

You make me want to do the May baskets. Folks around here would think I had gone crazy...or crazier. I can just see them peeping at me from behind the curtain as I knocked at their door. May baskets are so sweet and I love the smiles you get from those children. Chance always makes me smile.

linda m said...

The local school second graders delivered homemade baskets to all the neighbors. Such fun.

Mac n' Janet said...

I'm with Henny Penny, I may have to make May baskets next year.

marlu said...

You made a lot of people happy! I was interested in your square basket. A friend taught me to make a square box years ago. Fold a square as you did for the bottom. Then make a square 3/8" larger and fold the same way. There you have a lid. So cute made from old cards - Christmas, birthday etc.

Lady Fi said...

I wish I were your neighbour!

Rita said...

I bet everybody really smiles when they see you coming on May Day!! :)
Nice that Chance got a May basket, too.

Karen said...

What a lot of fun!

Paula said...

A wonderful way to spend the day!

Red said...

You have a good heart and got a lot of satisfaction out of your May day baskets.

L. D. said...

Those kids will remember that forever. Even the guy who thought you were an intruder at his Grnnpa's house.

Linda Reeder said...

I love that you do this. Those of us who are older do remember May baskets, and several teacher friends who teach young children posted the paper baskets with paper flowers they had their students make.

DJan said...

You not only made so many people around you smile, but this person writing a comment is also smiling at your lovely May Basket Day. Good for Chance that he got one, too. Love that picture of him smiling. :-)

Sam I Am...... said...

What a joyful tradition! You can tell by the recipient's smiles!