Thursday, May 18, 2017

Blooming

A few things are blooming in our yard. 

Purple Leaf Sandcherry in bloom

The Purple Leaf Sandcherry is in bloom.  I need to give it a trim soon.

Double Flowering Plum

The Double Flowering Plum suffered with a few night time temperatures and instead of being covered with blooms it only has a few blooms.

IMG_1020

My beautiful Dandys have gone to seed. 

The Lilac has no flower buds.  I have a number of Lupines that have come up, now that will be fun unless they are frozen.  Our weather is cool…Daytime highs in the 50’s and lows at night 30’s to 40’s.

My temperature turned into a real sore throat, and now I have some “fullness” in my ears. I think I may live.  Far Guy has it too but his sore throat is lasting longer than mine did, good thing we have a bounty of food in the freezer.  We have been staying home and resting as needed to recover.

Blog Signature

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you both a speedy recovery. Thank goodness for well-stocked freezers! Rain and more rain here.....

linda m said...

Hope you and Far Guy feel better soon. With all the rain we have been having my grass is growing so fast I can't keep up with it. Flowers are popping up everywhere. Love the Dandy picture.

Cynthia said...

It always seems worse to get that kind of stuff in the spring. Hope you get better fast.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you both feel so bad. I do enjoy seeing your pretty pictures. We have highs in the 90's this week.

DJan said...

I figured you probably had a virus. I sure hope the two of you are better soon. I'm glad you don't have to venture out quite yet. Love the pretty flowers, except for that last one. :-)

Patsy said...

Maybe it is spring fever!
Hope you both feel better soon.

Rita said...

I hope you are both better soon! Crummy to be sick. :(

Karen said...

Hope you are fully recovered quickly! I think we are finally heading into a stretch of decent weather, hope yours warms up a bit doo.

Henny Penny said...

The flowers may be few but those that are blooming are pretty. Hope you both get well real soon.

Granny Marigold said...

Staying home and resting is probably the best thing to do. Hope you both shake this germ soon!!

Red said...

I hope both of you recover rapidly so that you get out and enjoy spring colors.

Linda Reeder said...

I want to blow your dandelion fluff.
Hoping you both get well soon.

Linda W. said...

Glad you have some spring blooms. I'm sure they are very much appreciated.

Jacqi Stevens said...

Feel better soon :(

Lovely photos! Hope the weather doesn't take any more of your blooms by surprise.

Lynda said...

Bummer for you both. I have gotten to share a coughing cold with the two year old grandson - - he started it. Fortunately I just started taking Singulair a couple of weeks ago or I would be in horrible shape - - - not good shape last night and today - - but I have been worse in the past. I will rest a lot today because walking makes me cough! Muscles under my ribs are sore now, too from the coughing. Very thankful for Hall's cough drops!!!

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh, I so wish I was up North where Spring is a slow and anticipated season...here it is beautiful but more like summer and then summer is hotter than hades! I had no idea how much I disliked heat and humidity until I moved here! LOL!