Sunday, March 26, 2017

Flashback to 1957

Far Guy and I had a discussion this week about the neighborhood.  We wondered exactly when the old Linnell School was demolished. We think it must have dissappeared in the late 1960’s or early 1970’s.  You could see it from the farm where I grew up …it should show up in photos.  I couldn’t remember any photos.

Then I was looking at an old photo of my baby brother…who will soon be older than me even though he was born second.

con carey about 1957

The school is above my baby brothers head.  We are standing out by the old lightpole and near the cloths line, the pasture is in the background and the school is beyond the pasture. 

con carey about 1957

I think this photo was probably taken in 1957…that is how many years ago…sixty if my math is correct.

Today is the day 63 years ago that I became a big sister.  I think I should get an award or something.

Happy Birthday to my baby brother!

Carey born in 1954 photo  when he was a year old

Blog Signature

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

1957 was a good year - the year I was born! lol I wish your brother a very happy birthday!

Unknown said...

It was 5 am March 26th 1954 in the middle of a snow storm. One of my first memories is being inside that school house for a gathering of some type, Dad carried me out to the car. I believe I was about 2. Thanks for the Birthday wishes. 40 years as an Engineer says I have to be old.

Cynthia said...

Guess that was back before Global Warming, when March was always a very snowy month! Happy Birthday, baby bro.

Still the Lucky Few said...

A precious picture! Photos capture a moment in time. Don't you wish you could go back and hear what you two were saying, listen to the sound of your young voices...I always like to think about the person who took the picture. Who were they?

Sam I Am...... said...

What great pictures! It's too bad someone couldn't have converted it into a home rather than destroy it. I hate to see old buildings torn down or not taken care of. There are young couples (and old women) who would love to get a 'fixer upper' at a reasonable price.
What a cutie pie in that baby picture....I guess we were all cute at one time! LOL! Happy Birthday 'little brother'...I always wished I'd had a brother or a sister but it wasn't in the cards thus the reason I had a hard time being a "team player" at work....too independent for my own good, I guess! I hope you all have a great Sunday!

Linda Reeder said...

Your sense of humor sometimes causes me puzzlement. I need to see that wry grin that must be on your face.
Happy birthday to your baby brother, and congratulations to his big sister.

Geraldine said...

What lovely nostalgic photos.

I hope your brother had a super birthday and wishing him many more to come.💟

Granny Marigold said...

Birthday wishes for your baby brother.

Anonymous said...

Birthday wishes to your brother. How does that "older than me even though he was born second" part work? just curious cuz I have a baby brother, too. ☺️

Paula said...

Happy Birthday to your baby brother!

Red said...

It's surprising how many things completely disappear and then we start wondering where they were.

Pauline Persing said...

Great that you found that picture. It's strange the things we suddenly remember and wish we had a photo memory.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Neat pictures and he was one cute baby!