Jen showed me a Garden Ornament on Pinterest. For $40.00 I decided I could make several myself.
Will it work…maybe… the prototype is never perfect. It must be tweaked.
I finally had enough beads strung on the wire to give it a whirl. That big old nut just keeps the wires in one spot after they have been strung. I enlisted Far Guys help and off to the woodshop we went, the sun was out so it was warm in there.
We found a green plastic stabby stick…highly technical. Far Guy drilled a hole in the center and then we safety wired the
bead thingy fine sculpture together and stuck it down the center of the stick.
For now it is in a snow bank. It is not perfect.
It needs more legs/arms whatever and some could be shorter. I should have spent more time taking the kinks out of the wire. ( I can always fix that.) I used 20 gauge Galvanized Steel Wire. The beads are from garage sales and a few from Ben Franklin. I used 3mm crimping beads, they were a little large but they worked.
This one will stay in the yard and weather in the cold…I will make another.
Here is the snowstick. We now have five inches of snow.
I am counting on the warm temperatures next week to melt it all in a few days.