Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Wistful Wednesday: Christmas 1975

In December of 1975 our daughters Trica (3 years 8 months old) and Jennifer (3 months old) at our home in Moorhead MN.  Thirty nine years ago.

December 1975 Trica and jennifer Moorhead Mn

We had a live tree…looks kinda like a Charlie Brown Tree.  I still have some of those ornaments!

We should get a photo of the baby alone.

December 1975  jennifer Moorhead Mn

Not such a good idea. Poor thing…cried and kicked so hard she blew a slipper….but her sister is still smiling.

December 1975 Trica Jennifer and Julie Moorhead Mn

Trica, Julie (my sister) and Jennifer.  Trica must be practicing her smile.

December 1975 jennifer and her Aunt jan PR

Far Guy’s sister Janice and Jennifer at Far Guy’s parents in Park Rapids Minnesota.

December 1975 jennifer her Dad PR

Far Guy and Jennifer

December 1975 jennifer her Grandma h PR

Far Guy’s Mom holding Jennifer.  In the background we have Baby Snuffer, my other baby brother Jody, Trica near Jody and brother in law Ron in the red pants.

Jan and Ron must have come up from Indiana for Christmas.  The tree was on the end table that year.  On the coffee table I see amongst other things a terrarium.  Far Guys Mom fussed and fretted with that terrarium…everything had to be just perfect…the layers of sand..the stuff inside…I don’t remember much of what was inside….but they were all the rage in 1975.  We still have that granny square afghan that is on the couch, it is upstairs and hangs on the quilt rack.

Far Guy’s Mom had that streak of grey/silver in her hair on purpose…the rest she colored but that front part was natural.  Not sure why..it must have been all the rage back then.

Blog Signature

19 comments:

linda m said...

Such cute pictures of the family. Your pictures always bring back a flood of memories for me. Thanks for sharing.

DJan said...

Gee, Far Guy was young once upon a time! I forget how much we change over the years, except for the little ones, of course, who are all not so little any more. Great wistful Christmas pictures. :-)

Linda Kay said...

Love the "look" for Far Guy, with the mustache! The babies are darling. Who knows about the gray streak.

Unknown said...

Styles do come and go. Interesting. Merry Christmas

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, love those pictures, so great to look back at Christmases long ago. Blessings Francine.

Intense Guy said...

I remember "messing" with a couple terrarium back around the same time period (c. 1975) - it was around the same time as the "Pet Rock" fad.... :)

Red said...

You have certainly picked up a lot of detail from the past. It brings back good memories.

Wendy said...

Happy Memories.

Cynthia said...

Such fun old snapshots of family life in the '70s! Quite the stylish carpeting, too.

Huggybear said...

Interesting old Christmas photos!
Moustaches were in vogue with young blokes in that era.
I must say I had an excellent one. Could never understand why a
movie producer never discovered me!!! ha ha.
Cheers from humid Brisbane!
Aussie Col

Nancy said...

Ah yes, the terrianiums of the 70s!

Sam I Am...... said...

OMG....Far Guy with the hair....I'm sorry but my ex wore the turtelnecks too and had a mustache but he had a beard too and he had natural curly hair and longer, it brouhgt back visions and not of sugar plums! LOL! Of course, I was wearing hot pants! LOL! Remember those? Thank God those aren't in style now. The kids are so cute and I laughed about the baby "throwing a slipper"! I went down "memory lane" om my blog today to. I need to get out the kids pictures when they were little. Those were "the good old days"! LOL! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Sweet precious memories! I do remember those terrariums! Merry Christmas!

Linda Reeder said...

Looking back is fun, but I don't think I would want to GO back.

Karen said...

There must be quite an age difference between you and your sister Julie:) Always fun to look back at the old pictures.

Henny Penny said...

Oh my, at the memories these pictures bring back. I would love to have my youth back, but I don't want to do the 1970's again. Far Guy looks handsome and the girls are so cute. I'm glad the 70's colors and styles are gone!

Rita said...

I had a terrarium in the 70s, too! A ten gallon tank that also had chameleons in it.
Love FarGuy with the hair. Dagan was born in Nov of 74 so this brings back a lot of memories of when he was born/little, too. :)

thecrazysheeplady said...

I love these posts :-).

Anonymous said...

I remember the terrariums. We tried to have one and it rotted!!! Your mil's hair reminds me of a relative I remember that visited grandma back in the 60's - hers was naturally like that. I always called it her "skunk streak." Fun to see your old photos; brings back sweet memories.