Friday, December 19, 2014

Chance :The Shiny Brite Tree

Several of the beds upstairs have been off limits…they were full of Shiny Brites.

Something behind me

When I am invited upstairs I know something is up.  Can you see anything?  Someone keeps telling me to wake up…look alive!

Can you see it now

Can you see how handsome I am?

How about now

How about now?

 

Chance and the tree

I am just about the best model ever…too bad it isn’t a paying job.

The whole tree

Far Side says it is done for another year.   She doesn’t know exactly how many ornaments are on that tree, she started to count and then lost track.  A few years ago it was approaching 450.  She added 48 new/old ornament this year.   She might count when she takes it down.  The tree is 9 1/2 or 10 feet tall no one can remember exactly…just like they can’t remember if they gave me a treat or not.

Just so you know there are no lights on the tree. Far Side is pretty darn fussy about her ornaments.  If the ornaments have old strings on them or grease pencil 5 cents or 10 cent marks they remain.  The ornaments are never washed.  Most are Shiny Brites, some are Coby ornaments a competitor of Shiny Brites. Some are Polish ornaments and some are from West Germany. All are beautiful. 

Recently Far Side had to take an ornament to an exchange…it took her forever to decide which Shiny Brite she could part with.  She finally chose a plain gold Shiny Brite because she has just a few.

IMG_5598

New this year are the Shiny Brite Red Icicle Twirls, they were a gift from Edie.

Far Side has ornaments from; Edie, Madeline, Grace, Minnie, Susan and Lillian, Jo Lynn, Sandy, Tom and Linda, me and Far Guy.  (that is a Susan and Lillian in the photo it is the green one with the snow)

I am sure glad that tree is done now Far Side will have more time to play ball.

IMG_5582

26 comments:

DJan said...

Chance, you know I have been waiting impatiently to see this Shiny Brite 2014 tree. I didn't know I would also have YOU to make it doubly wonderful and worth the wait. Tell Far Side I LOVE her tree and the icicles are perfect for it. :-)

Intense Guy said...

That is one jaw-dropping awesome tree!! It takes a super good looking model to go with it - or the model would never be noticed!!

The Furry Gnome said...

That's a lot of Shiny Brites!

Linda Kay said...

Chance is so cute. I like the new shiny brite twist.

linda m said...

Chance, you are the best model ever. And I think as payment you should get an extra treat. Far Side sure has a lot of ornaments on that tree. Love the new Shiny Brite Twist. Have a great weekend.

Marty said...

Chance, that tree is enormous. Some day you'll have to get Far Side to explain how she gets those top ornaments up there!

Unknown said...


Chance: it is always wonderful to hear from you and you look good against that lovely tree, too. I don't know how Far Side has the patience to hang all those ornaments but I am sure that your calm presence helps a lot to get her through this annual job. Take good care of Far Side and Far Guy, now.

Shirley H.

Nancy said...

Love the tree and all the ornaments! Decorating it is a labor of love. I've never seen the icicles by Shiny Bright - beautiful.

Gail said...

Always good to hear your side of the story, Chance. I think you have a good perspective on what's happening there.

Shall I make you a sign that asks for more treats?

Linda W. said...

Your dog is adorable! I have a border collie too, they are such wonderful dogs! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comments. :)

Mac n' Janet said...

Wow! What an incredible tree and your dog's not too shabby either. LOL

Cynthia said...

Good thing you're not a cat, Chance. You would be plotting which ornament to bat first! It beautiful, and so are you!
When I was growing up, we had some of those icicle twirls, too, along with many Shiny Brights from the dime store. I still have some of them.

Red said...

But Chance, you will have a very fancy tree to snooze under!

Wendy said...

Chance, I think you need a treat. You do such a wonderful job at writing. I love when we get to hear from you. Beautiful tree. I also collect Shiny Brite ornaments. Merry Christmas.

Terry and Linda said...

You are a handsome model, Chance! And that Tree WOWZER!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

troutbirder said...

You'al one cool dude Chance. I'm banned from the light up tree here.
Lily from Southern Minnesota...:)

Travels with Emma said...

It looks like you live in the middle of Rockefeller Plaza!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Fantastic! It DOES look like Rockefeller Plaza!

Anonymous said...

Chance, You are a handsome model. I hope you got lots of treats for cooperating!
The tree is more gorgeous that ever! What a treat for you to share. Merry Christmas to all with love.

LindaG said...

The trees are pretty, but you shine too, Chance. Thank you for sharing the tree and stories with us.
Have a Happy Christmas and a great New Year!
God bless. ♥

Linda Reeder said...

That is an enormous tree! And what a wonderful collection of ornaments! And yes, we still want to know how you all managed to put the already decorated top on that tree.

L. D. said...

Chance, you sure had to give up a lot of human time with all the work that tree must have taken. It looks so wonderful like a museum of shiny. It is quite an accomplishment and fun to add to the collection. Chance you should Far Side a bunch of elves to come in and put that tree up and to take it down. Steady fingered elves of course.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

And I hope she will remember to give you a treat! The tree is beautiful.

Jacqi Stevens said...

Chance: don't you know the answer is always "No, they did not give me a treat"?

;)

Rita said...

I was thinking, too, that it's a good thing you don't have a cat living with you! Your tree is just magnificent!! A lot of work done with such care. I am always taken aback by the sight. :)

Henny Penny said...

The tree is just beautiful! What patience you have!