Thursday, December 11, 2014

All about the Trains

Every time  grandson Adam visits he checks out the train set upstairs.  The last time he was here he said “Grandpa I am not sure you have room for anything else.”

IMG_5163

The weather is grey and gloomy.  We took off for Menards in Detroit Lakes.

Someone is expanding his train area.  He needed another table.  Table shopping is boring, but I had a blast in the Christmas aisle!

Of course I cannot resist ornaments. Lionel makes an ornament

We heard from neighbor Edie that there were some Lionel Ornaments at Menards.  They seemed to be the perfect holiday decoration for the train set.  Far Guy agreed with me especially since they were on sale.

Drive In Theater

I plunked one down in the back of a truck at the drive in theater.

Lionel Ornaments

Only room for a few ornaments

Later I came back and found them all over the train set.

Blog Signature

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

What unique ornaments! I love these!

Cynthia said...

Perfect ornaments for the train room! I love the cars in the parking lot. Fun hobby.

linda m said...

Lucky you, finding train ornaments. Perfect gift for Far Guy.

Linda Kay said...

My brother has a Lionel train set set up in his basement. I'm not sure he uses it at all anymore, but he has it intricately designed. I'd love to see more pictures of your hubby's setup.

Marty said...

How perfect to have a room where the trains can stay set up.
It looks as though you inspired someone at the store to expand their ornament display.

DJan said...

How cool! Yes, I know you cannot resist an ornament. These are perfect for his trains, too. :-)

Henny Penny said...

That view of the road is so pretty. You have such a scenic drive into town! You two have the neatest collections and hobbies!

The Furry Gnome said...

That looks like quite the train set.

Mac n' Janet said...

You can never have too many trains or train accessories.

Nancy said...

I love trains and train sets. It would be fun to sit and play a while on a cold Winter day.

Terry and Linda said...

That was cute! Christmas with the toys!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

L. D. said...

They are great ornaments but I have never seen anything like that a Menards. I do see they have shiny brites again this year. They were not out at first when the ornaments came out. Your husband couldn't keep his collection in a couple of boxes, I see. It must be a lot of pride and joy for him.

Anonymous said...

What a fun train set and colourful baubles too.

Red said...

I'm not sure who wanted this trip more , you or Far Guy.

troutbirder said...

Very nice. I sent my 027 to my son in Arizona. He said he wanted it and it was a family heirloom after his mother told him I was thinking of putting it on Craig's list. I never remember him or his older brother playing with it more than once....:)

Linda Reeder said...

That's fun that you could combine your collecting fixations. :-)

Jacqi Stevens said...

...And, f you rig them just right with a bit of wiring, you can make them look like hot air balloons hovering over your train city, too.

Karen said...

How great to find such great ornaments! I like Jacqui's idea. Suspend them upside down and hang something like a thimble from ornament hanger and they will look like hot air balloons:)

Intense Guy said...

That's a lotta trains!!!!! I want to visit and run 'em!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Love it!