Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Wistful Wednesday: Honeymoon 1950

My parents were married on October 7, 1950.  They were married in a little church near Evergreen.

Church at Evergreen

This is the church.  They got married in the evening and had a dinner afterwards at my Father’s Parents home.

Mom and Dad October 1950 Honeymoon (2)

Here they are a few days later on their Honeymoon to Duluth Minnesota.

Happy 64th Wedding Anniversary Mom and Dad!

My parents have been on vacation the last few weeks.  They attended a wedding in Indiana and then went on to visit two of their Grandsons and wives…and Great Grandchildren Turner in Morris Plains, New Jersey and Presley in Fort Meade, Maryland. I think they will be done gallivanting for awhile after this trip.

Blog Signature

14 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Happy 64th!!! Wow that is amazing!! I hope they have continued good health.

Just goes to show you don't need a million dollar wedding - you need a soul mate with tons of patience!

linda m said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents. 64 years really is wonderful and that they are both still in good health.

Lynda said...

Pretty church - - and how fast the time flies! Hoping their celebration today holds the happy memories of the first. Cars have changed just a bit, too, haven't they? We had one similar to that.

DJan said...

64 years! That is amazing. Congratulations to the couple and thanks to their daughter for sharing this momentous event with me. :-)

Phyllis Pritchard said...

Happy 64th Anniversary to your parents, that is wonderful!

MTWaggin said...

64 years! Pretty outstanding and how nice they can still go gallivanting!

Primitive Stars said...

Wow!!! 64 years together is wonderful, Happy Anniversary to your Mom and Dad. Love the wee church, great picture. Blessings Francine.

Karen said...

We were married in a church almost identical to that. Congrats on their 64 years, wow! I see your resemblance to your mom:)

Sam I Am...... said...

That church looks just like the one I attended as a child and is still in my home town and hasn't changed, thank goodness! I love that style of church as it does remind me of my hometown. Your parent's picture is so cute and I bet they are still a cute couple. I think you look like your Mom from seeing your childhood photos but then what do I know? They are braver than me to drive out East with all that traffic and hustle bustle. I hope they get home safe and sound and glad they are in good shape to make a trip like that.

Cynthia said...

Congratulations to your parents! It looks like their marriage had a lovely start, with a honeymoon in Duluth.

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents! May they join many more honeymoon trips together.

Red said...

64 years? Congratulations to your Mom and Dad.

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Congratulations to them and thanks for the great photo!

Ryker said...

I just love these pictures!!! Mine married in 1946 :)