Friday, October 17, 2014

One Fine Day

I took off with Jen on Wednesday night.  She had no one to accompany her, so I went along “You can take photos all day long Mom.”  I had a blast taking photos and reading my camera book.  I think I understand a little more than before!

Jen and I had a huge cottage all to ourselves and each of us had our own bathroom.  Typical north county flair…knotty pine.  Jen said “It smells like a cabin all right!” We had a great view of the lake from our cottage.

The next morning the sun was just coming up as we walked to breakfast.

Sunrise at Bay Lake

Sunrise at Bay Lake

The place we were at is huge, it is a conference center.

Rubys Eatery

This is where we ate breakfast and lunch. You can see the reflection of the lake in the windows.  We had a lake view during both meals.  The food was wonderful!

All over the property are paved pathways…some kids were using skateboards and small scooters…I was glad to see that most of them wore helmets. There are two pools, tennis courts, a golf course, shuffleboard, a marina and several different specialty shops.

Flowers and pool and the lake

Geraniums, the pool and the lake.

I walked around taking photos and then I would sit awhile watching people and the lake enjoying the 68F sunny weather!  In October perfect days are precious.

Chairs at Rutgers

There were chairs  and benches all over.

Fall Colors

Their fall colors are just past peak…being south of us they have more leaves than we do at this time of year.

I realize that a big place would have lots of employees.  One man just drove around a golf cart and picked up sticks, another had a leaf blower and he just cleared pathways…several others were on mulching lawnmowers…one even had a rake, one was cutting back perennials one by one. One man in a golf cart with a wagon carted around and collected used sheets another delivered fresh sheets. It seemed inefficient to me…but their grounds were well kept, and the cottages were reasonably clean.  I guess I am a clean freak.  I always notice cobwebs and areas that might have been overlooked by in a hurry housekeepers.

I am back home, Far Guy and Chance did just fine without me for 24 hours and five minutes.  They were both happy to see me again!

Blog Signature

25 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Really lucky to spend a short time by the lake. Makes me want Summer back...just kidding! I'm already thinking about decorating for xmas.

linda m said...

Looks like a beautiful place to spend the day. Glad you were able to go along with Jen. Have a great weekend.

MTWaggin said...

Oh that place looks absolutely peaceful and lovely. So glad you went!

Jennifer said...

I am so glad you went too! I think you needed it... even your blog was getting crabby... Have a great day. Love you!

DJan said...

What beautiful fall colors, and a nice little vacation. Makes them appreciate you even more, I expect. :-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Glad you had a nice getaway!

Karen said...

What a nice break at a beautiful place! Glad you enjoyed it:)

Unknown said...

Of course Chance and Far Guy can survive without you for a little while, but they would rather have you home!

Shirley H.

Red said...

It's good to get away to a nice place.It's a good break.

Nancy said...

What a beautiful place to relax and take photos.

LindaG said...

What a gorgeous place to take a day off at. Glad you had such a great time.

kathy b said...

Well THAT looks like a delightful place!! I love a cabin on a lake!!

Henny Penny said...

Well I caught up with your last four posts. What a beautiful place. The lake and the leaves! I sure loved the pictures of your mom and dad. That was really sweet.

Cynthia said...

You couldn't have picked a more perfect day, weather wise! Sounds very relaxing and glad you enjoyed yourself.

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

What a lovely way to spend a day! Glad you got such a gorgeous and warm day for your outing.

Primitive Stars said...

Oh my, what a beautiful place, I would love to go.Happy you went, Francine.

Patsy said...

Glad you had a great trip to a lovely place. The photo's are wonderful.

Gail said...

What a beautiful place to visit but it's always good to return home.

Diane C said...

oooh.... love your pictures and comments. Was it Ruttger's on Bay lake? Looks alot like it, although I must say it's been 46 years since I was there on my honeymoon! I have wonderful memories of Bay Lake. Your pics took me right back there. Thanks!!!

troutbirder said...

Very nice but a long way in time and space from the mom and pop resorts and cabins I grew up with....:)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Diane, Yes it was Ruttger's on Bay Lake.

Georgina said...

It looks a lovely place.
But don't some to my house! We have very energetic spiders and I can't keep up with their web-spining at all. I fully expect to come home from work one day to find the Chef has been trapped in a corner by a mass of cobweb.

Rita said...

What a fancy place to spend a day. Seems funny to have a pool when there's a lake right there--LOL! Looks gorgeous! And you went on a perfect day--right before it plunged back down to 50 and rained. Absolute perfection. :)

L. D. said...

It looks like a fancy place on the lake. It probably is modern enough that people love to stay there. No roughing it like the good old days on the lake with the shower house a block away.

Sam I Am...... said...

Lovely! Now that's what Fall should look like...I'm still waiting! What fun to off with your daughter like that. Glad you had the great weather too.