Monday, April 14, 2014

Cabin Fever

The weather turned colder and cabin fever returned. 

We HAD to get out and about.  There are a limited number of antique shops open in the area.  We headed north to Bemidji for a huge indoor garage sale.

50 cent candle holderThis is my 50 cent candle holder.  Not certain what I will do with it.  It was filthy..so I washed it!  We won’t talk about the other three or four that I have.

I  am a box hoarder.  Big boxes, little boxes, hat boxes any kind of decorative container and I am a goner.

wood hat box

This is a homemade wooden box.  Someone named Liz painted it in 1982. The inside is as pretty as the outside.

IMG_7908 It has one small imperfection…see that pin hole in the blue coat?  I can live with it!  This wooden box will probably hold Christmas Ornaments.

I saved a few more old photos at an antique shop and Far Guy bought a transformer for one of his trains.  We are anxiously waiting for warmer weather in May and June when we can frequent the garage sales…not that we need anything else.  We can also get ready for a garage sale of our own!  We haven’t had a garage sale in four or five years, it is a great way to visit with the neighbors.

Blog Signature

18 comments:

linda m said...

We are getting your bad weather today. I love the old boxes you found. Wish I had the storage space to collect things I love.

DJan said...

This is the last day of our nice weather stretch, then the rain returns, just in time for our hike on Thursday. Oh well, that's the way it goes around here. Love your pretty box. :-)

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, cooler here too, oh bother....love your finds, sweet bow, Francine.

Nancy said...

I love to wander through antique shops and find treasures.

Lynda said...

I like looking at thrift shops but like you, I don't need another thing. We will be on the lookout though for some chairs and a table for outside. Wooden will be fine and we can paint them.
So sorry about the cold weather. We are already in the midst of heavy pollen. Pine trees are starting to release that yellow dust everywhere. Our yard has been mowed twice and we are about to have to start fighting poison ivy. It is forecast to be cold tomorrow - - 51. It should be a beautiful Easter celebration next weekend with so many things blooming now.

Cynthia said...

What fun, treasure hunting. I did a little yesterday, too. I am looking for old pulls for my kitchen drawers. I didn't find any that matched, but of course I did not come home empty handed. The S word is back in our forecast for the week. Boo hoo.

Karen said...

I like both your purchases, and probably would have bought them too, well depending on the price of course! It's all about the price:)

kathy b said...

That's the best way to view a garage sale! a neighbor jibber jabber event

L. D. said...

That is a wonderful fine. Fifty cents is a better deal. The pattern is familiar, it is old, but I don't know the name of it. The painted wooden box really is a great art piece in itself. Snow last night and darn cold winds from the north. The continue rain on Sunday was cold also but it changed to snow late night. Garage sales sound like great adventures after living in our dens for so long.

Red said...

Cabin fever will do it to ya' Ya just gotta buy some antiques!

Ryker said...

Those garage sales are dangerous. I need to have one instead of attending more!

Beth said...

Your candle holder is lovely as is the box! I love garage sales too and I can't wait for them to start!

Country Gal said...

It is chilly here again and raining . Oh lovely finds , that box is beautiful ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Linda Reeder said...

I like antique shopping and I really like seeing and hearing about what other people buy and collect.

Anonymous said...

What great treasures you found.

Terry and Linda said...

I'm trying to clean up my stuff. I need to have a garage sale also.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Rita said...

What a sweet box! Yes, waiting for warmer weather again. Soon! Your poor little robin must been freezing!

The Happy Whisk said...

Very nice box.