Thursday, October 31, 2013

Chance : The Halloween Hat

A few years ago Far Side bought a witches hat and a Halloween scarf.   Fine I will wear the stupid scarf…she is supposed to wear the hat since she is more witchy than me.

Not yesterday, she wanted me to wear the hat AND the scarf.  Fine but hurry up…I don’t have all day…I have squirrels to chase and balls to herd.

Have you see the hat

Good enough…what do you mean you didn’t get the whole hat?  How can you blame your photographic ineptitude on me?  I am just a dog. 

Far Guy is a traitor.

Far Guy helped her out

Wadda ya mean put my nose down?

the hat falling

Off with the ****hat.

enough of that nonsense

I should rip it to shreds.

The whole hat

Are you happy now you got the whole **** hat?

Such ends the saga of the hat.  I wore it, she got her picture. She won…again.

We have loads of chocolate all bagged up for the kids that will come by later.  I am not allowed to have chocolate.  But I am allowed to have my picture taken with all the kids.  I love company and my wagger will be working overtime.  Stay tuned for pictures tomorrow!

Oh ya…Happy Halloween have some chocolate for me:) 

22 comments:

troutbirder said...

Happy Halloween to you too Chance. I like your attitude and admit it's ridiculous the juvenile shenanigans that humans put dogs thru to amuse themselves. I must admit though all of my dogs have been similarly "victimized".:

DJan said...

You certainly are able to communicate your displeasure in those pictures, Chance. I have to admit you are a handsome dog, even with silly hats on your head. :-)

Leah said...

Oh Chance, the hat is wonderful! Happy trick or treating to you as all those kiddos visit ~ I am sure that wagger will be busy :)

linda m said...

Happy Halloween, Chance. I think you look very nice in your Halloween get-up.

Travels with Emma said...

I'm afraid Emma's costume for the day is her Thundershirt. Bad storms down here in Texas. The little 'goblins' are going to have a very wet time of it.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I think Chance looks beautimous! He was very kind to pose for you.

Intense Guy said...

Enjoy the kids Chance!!!

I share your sentiments about the "goofy" hat! It just ain't "you!"

Anonymous said...

How hilarious! You're a long-suffering dog, Chance.

Anonymous said...

We love your costume as a disgruntled dog wearing a scarf and hat.

Nancy said...

I'd stick with the scarf and ditch the hat, Chance. Have fun with the children who stop by for treats.

L. D. said...

Barney loves kids but they don't need to come in looking like fairies. He hates little girls with umbrellas and his favorite three girls are not so friendly looking to him. He needs to be separated from the hub bub and he feels safer.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Chance, Iris and I would LOVE to come trick or treat with you! She had to wear a hat too and she didn't like it either ;-).

Red said...

Chance, the expression on your face says it all. You are really disgusted and demeaned buy having to wear the hat. No self respecting dog should have to pose for a picture when he's wearing a hat.

Ryker said...

We just changed your name from Chance to Poor Guy! Happy Halloween and we are looking forward to seeing the pictures of you with the kids. Have fun!

Country Gal said...

How cute . wonderful photos and post . No Halloween for Miggs as the kids here are mostly Mennonites and the do not celebrate Halloween so no trick or treating to our door but Miggs still gets a treat every Halloween lol ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good evening !

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Poor Chance, you looked great in the hat even if you didn't like wearing it. Happy Halloween.

Henny Penny said...

"Squirrels to chase and balls to herd". That is so cute! What a sweet dog!

LindaG said...

Oh Chance. You look quite unhappy. But you are still very handsome! Happy Halloween to you, too. ♥

Lynda said...

The colors so complement your beautiful shiny fur!!! You are a good sport to pose for the owners. It really doesn't take too much energy for all the benefits they bestow.
Your "hair" looks way better than mine does today after being outside in the wind a majority of the day.

Cynthia said...

I think the problem is, Chance didn't want to be a witch. He was thinking along the lines of Dog-Zilla, or better yet, Super Dog!

Terry and Linda said...

LOVE IT!!! Chance is every doggies dream boy!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Rita said...

LOL! Dog torture! ;)