Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Silence in the Winter Woods

The dog was ready for his morning walk.  He is the leader you know…he thinks he knows the way.  It was foggy and frosty.

The woods are silent as we walk single file down the trail.  Chance is the trailblazer.

Trailblazer Chance

The only sounds are our boots trudging through the snow.   Chance is silent, occasionally sniffing the air and sticking his nose in the ground where the squirrels have made a digging effort for acorns.

There is no wind..even the wind is silent. 

Black and White Coneflowers

It is not a black and white world..but shades of grey, some just a bit darker than others.

Many of the bloggers are having a silent blogging day today in honor of the school children and teachers who died at Sandy Hook School. 

I don’t do silent so well.  

I encourage you to hug the children in your lives and take a moment to appreciate the people around you:)

cards-p0038

Blog Signature

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, Connie. I can almost hear your footsteps in the snow.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, I love to walk in the woods, wonderful pictures......Enjoy the day, Francine.

Country Gal said...

I love walking the woods in the snow as well so pretty and quiet ! Lovely photos .

DJan said...

I woke to snow in my part of the country. It's beautiful and so quiet out there. Thank you for the lovely post. Pet Chance for me...

Muffy's Marks said...

Calming and beautiful!! Love the frost photos.

Beth said...

Lovely and peaceful!!

MTWaggin said...

Oh I long for a walk in quiet woods - no wind and lots of snow. Not happenin here! Such lovely photos - thank you!

Jan said...

Beautiful. This almost makes me wish I lived in a area where we got snow. Almost.

GramMary said...

Lovely.

Nancy said...

Winter is an unusually quiet time - a time for reflection.

Jennifer said...

Jealous that you had hoar frost and could get those pictures! They are beautiful, I am especially fond of the last one (with the tree) by the road -- I can picture exactly where you were standing when you took it.

On the other hand -- a Moose was sighted in Kate's yard this morning and with all her garden goodies it will probably hanh out of for a while before moving on so in a little while I get to go moose hunting with my camera... I will stay in the vehicle!

Terry and Linda said...

Well done! Clap,clap, clap!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

¸.•*¨*•♪♫♫♪Merry Christmas to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜”

troutbirder said...

Leader of the pack. That's chance. Baron plays the same role. We got an inch or two last so maybe Christmas will be white but... not for us. It's off to Arizona in a couple of days to be with the Grands. Merry Christmas.

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Beautiful photos. I can smell and taste the clean cold air from your photos.

Karen said...

That was a great description:)
We had a dusting of snow this morning. We passed on the walk in the woods, as we saw three coyotes pass through the far end of the riding ring when we first went out. We just did a circuit of the back hayfield instead. Fenced well enough to keep the dogs where we can see them.

LindaG said...

Great photos and great post. ♥

Red said...

These are the kinds of walks I like. You got some great photos too.

Anonymous said...

I love the muted greys of winter!

As for silence, I don't believe it's silence we need, but protest and change so that such senseless tragedies stop happening.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Beautiful!

Rita said...

I didn't even know about the silence thing. I agree with Ladyfi--silence isn't what we need.

Been meaning to tell you that I love the new pictures in your header, too, BTW.