Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sailing into Fall

Far Guy and I needed a day of R and R away.  Away from the phone..away from work..away from the house.  BUT not away from each other or Chance.

It took us forever to get through town..too many garage sales to stop at.  An undisclosed number of “treasures” were purchased.  Our destination was a hidden in the woods antique shop where Far Guy bought two boxes of trains once upon a time.  No trains were purchased this time.

We stopped for lunch at Walker Minnesota.  We took our lunch to the waterfront at Leech Lake. I saw a condo for sale there..it had a tiny yard but you could watch the sailboats come and go all summer long.  How relaxing that must be.

Sailing away three

I could have watched them for hours.  It was great practice for the new camera.

Sailing away two

It was a beautiful day in Minnesota 80 degrees F (26 C) and a breeze.  One of those Fall days that you must grab onto and enjoy to the fullest because you know that winter is on the way.

When we owned the resort we had a small sailboat..nothing as large as these..ours was a two person sailboat.  I was out in it a few times..I remember wishing it was a larger boat. I liked the way the wind would hit the sails and we would glide along the water effortlessly:)

Blog Signature

19 comments:

Country Gal said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me ! Lovely photos. Have a good day !

GramMary said...

Beautiful photos - thanks for sharing your lovely day.

Anonymous said...

Pretty photos, Connie. I cherish days like you describe here!

troutbirder said...

Small world. We stayed at Walker two weekends ago while attending a 50th wedding aniversary for two retired teaching friends. We sat on the same spot on beautiful Leech Lake to watch the sailboard go by...:)

DJan said...

What a beautiful place! And you certainly did need a break. This one sounds pretty perfect, Connie. Thanks for the pictures, too.

Terry and Linda said...

I'm so glad your fund raiser went well! 10 days to go...YIPEEE! And a vacation day with nothing to do but enjoy each other. I have reached tired also...too much company for way too long with too much cooking to do. I hope we take a drive today...the dogs are upset because I haven't been with them enough.

I sure understand.


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

MTWaggin said...

I love taking photos of water with sailboats on it. They are so interesting!

Red said...

I only sailed once and loved it,
Take all those R n R days you can because there aren't many left.

RURAL said...

You make us feel that we are there on the water right with you. What a perfect day to share with those you love.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

LindaG said...

Lovely photos. I would have watched them all day, too.
I would like some 80s. We're still getting upper 90s!
Have a great week!

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

I'm glad you had such a nice getaway day. Water and sailboats are so calming and restful...unless you're on one in a gale, I suppose.

Muffy's Marks said...

And what kind of treasures did you find? Glad you had a restful Sunday, after all the on goings of last week!

Laura said...

What a perfect day!

Jacqi Stevens said...

So glad the perfect weather and your day off coincided! Beautiful pics and lake...until I remember the name...ew.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect day! Lovely shots too.

Pamela said...

Now I'm laughing at the comment above on "leech lake." was it named for them? ew, too.

beautiful restful photo

Karen said...

We are having the same kind of weather, just wonderful!
I hope you share some of your garage sale treasures with us:)

Unknown said...

Cruising is a great idea to welcome fall. You'll be able to have a undisturbed rest and relaxation. That's I am sure of. Enjoy!
Statues for sale

Rita said...

What a nice break!! Glad you got away on a warm day. Been awful chilly here since then. (I'm late reading blogs.) You picked an absolutely perfect day for your getaway. :):)