Saturday, August 11, 2012

Busy Week

It was/is a busy week.  One more day..and then I get two days off..wishing my life away again.  Lots of people have been through the museum this week. 

There are two big reunions this weekend the class of 1977 and the class of 1972.  My baby brother is in the class of 1972…so he and his lovely wife are here from Oregon.  He retires at the end of this month.

It rained one day this week.  Chance and I had the day off to clean bathrooms, get caught up on laundry and dust a bit before our company came…we also found time to play in the yard with the camera.

Little acorns

These are the acorns forming in the Oak trees.  Rainy days are good days to send Far Guy into the museum..typically rainy days brings more visitors and he loves to give tours and visit with people.  So Chance and I just enjoyed our day out in the rain:)

IMG_3411

Blog Signature

16 comments:

lisa said...

I say the same thing all the time about wishing my life away ;) Hope you are able to take a breather now from the busy week.

Muffy's Marks said...

Enjoy the reunions, and you visit with your brother. I'm sure you'll have a great weekend.

DJan said...

I love that picture of the rainy purple flowers. I too hope you enjoy your visit with your baby brother.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoyed taking photos in the garden on rainy days.
Glad FG enjoys giving tours and talking with folks - that would scare me to death!
Have a great time with your brother.

Shirley H. said...

Sounds like Far Guy is your best volunteer. Good for him.

Lynda said...

Is this your new camera you are using? How do you like it? Does it seem like a big learning curve to you? The museum traffic - - - how is it compared to when you first took over as director? You seem busier this year but I didn't know if you had evaluated those numbers. You have done a lot of promotion and that generally yields good results.

Beth said...

I love the last picture. The colors are beautiful.

Laura said...

Beautiful pictures. Hope you are able to enjoy your days off!

Sam I Am...... said...

It hasn't rained for so long I'm not sure I would recognize it! LOL! On the bright side, I haven't had to mow ALL summer long! Your photography is beautiful. Have fun with your reunion and company coming!

Rita said...

You just made me count. Next year is my 45th reunion. Where did the time go?
I love the purple flowers covered in raindrops! Perfect.
Great idea to send in the person who loves to entertain the museum guests--LOL! Gives you and Chance some peace and quiet on a rainy day. Wise woman. ;)
Have a sweet weekend! :)

Terry and Linda said...

We've been having sudden little thunder storms sometimes with intense rain and sometimes with nothing. Better than the miserable heat we've had.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Jacqi Stevens said...

Hooray for some rain and some days off! You aren't wishing your life away--you are looking forward to some variety! You know...the spice of life?!?!

The pics on your header have colors putting me in the mood for autumn, but I won't wish my life away, either. Not in this 100 degree heat, I won't! ;)

Red said...

Rainy days outside are the best.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what gorgeous shots of your rainy garden!

L. D. said...

Your violet flowers remind me of dianthus. I like the raindrops on the flowers.

West Side of Straight said...

Vivid lavender and beautiful!