Saturday, July 7, 2012

July something

I have been off a day all week.  One day I forgot to deactivate the alarm and the alarm went off when two ladies entered the building..it makes a terrible noise.  Then the phone call came from the Security Company “Yes I am fine..it was just me being forgetful.” 

One afternoon the phone rang and a lady asked what our hours were.. I told her..and she asked if we were open seven days a week..I said “Sure.”  Well some weeks it seems like seven days a week.. does that count?  Maybe the paint fumes are destroying what few good brain cells I have left.   The paint in the basement is really smelly:(

I guess Far Guy’s week has finally got to me..he had two teeth pulled then he had another injection in his face..Jen came and stayed overnight and took him to that appointment.  I am tired.  That is always my reaction to stress..sleep through it and when you wake up it might be all better.  So far so good with the last injection in his face..BUT he thinks he has a dry socket from where the other two teeth used to be.  I mixed him up a vile concoction of cloves and tea..he said it took away some of the pain.  It was the best I could do as it takes 15 days to make oil of cloves yourself.  Maybe tomorrow he can call his Dentist or we can go to the Health Food store and get some oil of cloves…it is the only thing that has ever taken his pain from a dry socket away before..yes he is prone to dry sockets.  I should have known that he would get a dry socket this time…if it ain’t one thing it is another.

IMG_1845

Last night we went to the County Fair…we had our usual Pork Burger along with some cheese curds and homemade French fries..if you are going to indulge why not just go for it!   Far Guy was part of a woodcarving demonstration in one of the buildings.  I kept him company..I should have walked through all the exhibit buildings but I was just too tired it was a long hot week:(

Blog Signature

20 comments:

Muffy's Marks said...

I think its the damn heat. Its wearing on everybody. Once it cools off, things will get better, just like a long nap!!! Seriously, I hope things improve at your house real quick.

Country Gal said...

Yup me to , to much heat and humidity has fried my brain thats for sure . Hope things gett better soon for you guys ! Stay cool and have a good day !

DJan said...

I went and looked up "dry socket" and decided I don't want to have it, ever! Poor Far Guy. We are finally having a bit of summer weather and looking forward to our first nice weekend in what seems like ages! :-)

It was having a holiday smack dab in the middle of the week, if you ask me. It made everything all screwy!

Dreaming said...

I had a dry socket when I was a mere 20-something and had my impacted wisdom teeth removed. Just your mention of it made my jaw tingle back there, and made saliva run. My dentist packed it with gauze soaked in some vile tasting stuff. Bleech. That same year I had to 'man' a booth for the Lung Association (where I worked at the time) for the entire County Fair. The first day I was so excited to be at the fair. By the third day.... well, you can only imagine!
We had a cool front come through last night. Maybe it will come your way and bring you a break - you deserve it!

Beth said...

OUCH!! This reminded me I have a dental appointment next month.

I hope both you and the Far Guy are feeling better today.

GramMary said...

Uff da!!

Terry and Linda said...

A cool front helps...I was beginning to feel so drained even opening the garage door seemed horribly hard. It's cooler today and for two more days...I'm going to enjoy every second.

Then it's back to summer and cutting the hay and all the others things that go with summer work.

Hugs for both of you!!!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Laura said...

It's this heat. I can't even remember what I was talking about in the middle of a conversation lately! Things will get back to normal. You're supposed to cool down too, right? Hope Far Guy doesn't have too much pain.
My daughter and I are heading off to Mankato (as in Minnesota) on Monday for LauraPalooza then are stopping for a few relaxing days at my husband's family cabin in norther Michigan. I will give a full report on my blog when we're back.

Sam I Am...... said...

Me too...a holiday in the middle of the week throws me totally off...for months! LOL!
I'm so sorry about Far Guy having so much pain and health issues and in this heat! I just came in from watering mine and the neighbors plants and I am drenched.
You are SO right...stress exhausts me but not hard work. What's up with that?

Rita said...

I think the holiday and the heat and humidity have everybody feeling off. Even when we had a cooler day yesterday, the humidity was higher than the temperature. I hope Far Guy gets some relief!! And I hope you get lots of sleep. ;)

Patsy said...

When you have to turn off the light at the end of the tunnel, you know things are bad.
That is what The Bennie will do just go to sleep, drives me crazy. How can you do that?

MTWaggin said...

Oh sweetie, get some rest and eat right. I WILL get better.

Anonymous said...

I am the same way sleeping away the stress - sleep takes me into dreamland so that's not a bad place to go when stress is over the top!! Or I take a nap - do more resting with my eyes closed- wink.. just stay calm..and smile more --and then you'll get laughing because people will be asking why your smiling -- wouldn't they like to know - umm - you might find something funny in it all..
Hugs, for stress-less days..

Gail said...

I have heard a little vanilla in paint can reduce it's smell.

I hope things improve soon. Just remember, you are not alone. What is today???

Jacqi Stevens said...

I couldn't help myself when I saw your pic for today...the city I live near just declared bankruptcy. They need this sign!

Lynda said...

Bless your heart. It sounds like you are due for a "Calgon, take me away." moment. Like the people on the commercial think one bubble bath is going to be enough to relieve all our stress. It might be if it were at a vacation resort for a week!
Poor Far Guy - - - am so sorry he had had a rough week and you, too, as a result of sharing his pain. We wives are that way. Thanks for updating even when life is not all fun.

Red said...

I handle stress the same way. I just have a sleep. I guess it keeps me from going over and over the same thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry about FG's mouth. I pray the injection will take away his facial pain and give him relief. Stress makes me very tired, also. You take care of yourself, too, Connie. Hugs from us down South!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this.

Thinking of you both!

Maery Rose said...

Even though it's cooled off a bit, I still feel so run down. The lack of breeze today isn't helping either. Hoping for a better upcoming week where there is an evening cool down i the 60s. Aaahhh....