Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

The 4th falling in the middle of the week makes for two weekends of celebrating.

Monday night the fireworks began..after the rain.  We can hear the pop pop of explosions down by the lake.

I put up a new flag.

Fourth of July Flag

The museum is closed for the 4th..it is just as well.  It was like a sauna yesterday.  Mark is painting the floors in the basement and the smell of paint thinner permeates the building.

Far Guy had two bothersome teeth pulled yesterday.  He is just a little miserable.  They were teeth that have been giving him fits, they are on the good side of his face.  If it isn’t one thing it is another. (The bad side of his face is the right side with the Trigeminal Neuralgia)  He had another special nerve block last week..it made the pain worse for a few days but since then has slowly become less painful. We are praying that the next injection will be the one that does the pain in..other patients are reporting good pain relief results..so we have a little bit of hope.

We have nothing planned for the 4th other than staying home and keeping cool:)

Blog Signature

17 comments:

Muffy's Marks said...

Happy Fourth to you too. Sounds like its going to be a quiet one. I hope the next injection does the trick for Far Guy, will keep him in my prayers. Love you new flag!!!

PeeJay said...

Happy 4th of July from the UK :0)
I hope Far Guy gets more relief from the injection this time. A friend of mine was diagnosed with TN just 2 weeks ago and she is now on the route of trying to find some relief. It only started, as far as I'm aware, a few days before she went to the doc. We were away on a weekend together when it started. She probably wouldn't have gone if she hadn't been in so much pain. I'm hoping she gets some relief soon. She's had a bad reaction to the first lot of meds :0(

Country Gal said...

Happy 4th from Canada .
I do hope Far Guy can get relief .Love your flag !
Have a good day !

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray Gene gets some relief soon. Wishing you both a very relaxing holiday. Hugs to Chance.

DJan said...

Happy Independence Day to you and yours, Connie. I too hope that Far Guy gets some relief. And I do hope Chance wears his ear coverings tonight! :-)

Beth said...

Happy 4th to you and Far Guy. I hope he gets relief from the pain soon.

linda m said...

Have a great Fourth and keep cool.

Linda said...

Happy 4th to you both!

GramMary said...

Enjoy your 4th. Healing thoughts for Far Guy.

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh, poor Far Guy...ouch! I hope the shot does him good like they say.
I love your flag.....very pretty out in the yard. I'm staying home...not much choice...no invites! LOL! It's fine with me as I really like my rut that I'm in. My youngest son is coming down the 8th so I'll be clearing and cleaning up the guest room. It gets to be an easy "catch all" as I don't have much company.
Relax and enjoy your 4th!

Terry and Linda said...

Those twins are sure cute!! No rain here. Would love to have some. All fireworks banned in the whole state of Colorado...we are burning up here and there and all over the place.

Happy 4th!

Hugs for Far Guy!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

NCmountainwoman said...

Dang! Too bad the pain was spread all over. Here's hoping for improvement, and SOON!

Rita said...

Going to be a quiet one here, too. In fact, I wonder if they will have an fireworks tonight at all. It's been clouded over here and there's a chance of rain all day. Karma and I are staying inside and cool, too. Have a great day. I think you need a break from the smelly, hot museum. ;)

Maery Rose said...

Happy 4th! My way of staying cool was to go to the movies. Dogs aren't too keen on being outside either. I wish I could bring the chickens in but they do at least have a fan. I'm looking forward to Friday when I think this heat will break.

Lynda said...

Ouch. It makes my face hurt to think about the needles Far Guy has endured this week. I pray that last shot will work, too. His pain sounds horrible to deal with. You had posted about it one time - - - that even a breeze could hurt. From the way you write about him, it sounds like he still has a great temperament even in his discomfort. That's a rare individual.

Red said...

I hope Far Guy gets a few breaks and also finds some relief.

I hope you had a great day on the Fourth of July.

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Far Guy. Wishing him a pain-free day!