Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wistful Wednesday: 2002

This photo always makes me smile.  Why?  Because most of the grands are laughing out loud.  Jen took this photo and she shared it with me for my parents anniversary last fall.  I wonder what was so funny..

old2_111

This must have been taken in 2002, Adam looks to be less than a year old and he was born in the Fall of 2001. ( He can’t figure out why the other kids are laughing either.)

That is my Dad and Mom, me holding Adam ( short frosted hair era) Far Guy (the some grey hair era) hanging onto Noah and then the girls Paige, Madison and Savannah all with their blankies. ( they still have the same blankies) The boys were living in Mapleton, North Dakota and the girls were living in Lombard, Illinois back then..time spent with all of them at the same time was precious.

Far Guy just wandered by..he doesn’t remember what was so funny either.  ( I think one of their Mothers must have suggested that they all say something funny..like poopy or something equally funny to small children)

Smile

Blog Signature

18 comments:

lisa said...

That was a great picture! Everyone looks very happy and that is always good!

Maery Rose said...

I love photos like that, where everyone is laughing and looking happy.

Alan Burnett said...

No doubt the amusement was caused by the thought that in just a few years time people from all over the world will be looking at us. And a fine set of people they look.

Gail said...

I was just going to suggest one of the adults probably said something to get every one to laugh.

Great pictues and wonderful memories.

DJan said...

You certainly have a big family, Connie. I love that picture, too. Adam looks perplexed like they lost their marbles, maybe! :-)

Lynda said...

Happy times with family! It is great and no forced smiles because they had to be there together.

Country Gal said...

A lovely photo !
Yes some one must of made the kids all laugh , its a wonderful photo of all laughing ! Have a good day.

Karen said...

Great photo! Maybe it was the photographer that said 'poopy butt' or something similar to make all the little'uns laugh:)
If Adam was less than a year old, he is one big baby (just looking at those long legs)!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Great Picture...!!

Anonymous said...

I love a picture like this! Good memories no matter what was so funny!

West Side of Straight said...

That's a really cute picture! I like you hair like that! Gene's too! hee hee! Have a good day!

CiCi said...

The neatest thing is that you all look so happy. Nice picture, aren't you glad you have it?

LindaG said...

Great photo. I can see why it's a favorite. :)

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I love the pure joy on their little faces. It's good for us adults to be that goofy ocasionally too.

Linda said...

What a great photo and a wonderful memory. Sometimes if one little starts laughing then they all laugh. You were laughing too! This post is just delightful!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

That Janie Girl said...

I love love love this photo! I can see why you cherish it.

Lanny said...

What a treasure! I did another quick catch up, you look like you are having a very good summer, I miss visiting, I should get upstairs more often, those family members that like to eat and have clean towels think I should just get inside more often! I'll be back sometime, I promise. Has Chance blogged lately? did I miss it in my reading? I hope he is feeling ever so much better since his brush with the tick issue.

L. D. said...

It is neat to see them all so happy. Kids are great.