Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Switcheroo

Well it is done.  I have switched. I have abandoned a old friend. The computer that I purchased in 2001 is sitting on the work table.  He will get lots of his files deleted and then he will go upstairs to be used when the Grand boys come over.  We have a “pretend you are a pilot and can fly program”  with controllers that they love to play.

I feel a bit guilty..it was almost a perfectly good computer it was just full to overflowing and getting slower everyday…very slow. The last time I had it repaired the idiot with the lobotomy  never replaced the module that you use to down load Secure Digital memory cards from the camera. Luckily I had one on my printer. It irritated me every time I downloaded photos. I get a little cranky when things don’t work like they should. 

The Simple Save External Hard Drive worked as advertised and saved all my photos and goodness knows what else.

Chance and Gene

I can even find a photo in it.  This is Far Guy and Chance on July 3 playing in the water.  (This was well before all the people with boats and drinks arrived.)

I loaded Avira Virus Software and Windows Live Writer and Google Chrome..I suppose I should load my camera software..and I am not sure if I can print anything or not ..yet.

Far Guy will load what I call crap cleaner on it soon.  It removes cookies and other “stuff” ( highly technical).

My new computer is a Pavilion Elite( with oodles more space for me to fill up) made by Hewlett-Packard.  Most everything we have is HP..my baby brother helped me pick out the new computer..actually I emailed him..and he said “looks good to me.”  He works for HP and he helped me pick out my laptop that I am very pleased with..and he picked out my computer ten years ago too. 

This new computer is just a whiz..faster than a speeding bullet..and one of the rewards of working all summer!

Smile

Blog Signature

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great choice - congrats! Love the photo of Far Guy and Chance.

DJan said...

Well, I am a Mac aficionado, so HP isn't my idea of perfection, but you earned it! And I also use Chrome, but just on my Macs. The iPad doesn't give me a choice, although there are a couple of other browsers I could download, Chrome isn't one of them. Hope you can print okay!

linda m said...

Congratulations on your new computer. Glad you are up and running on something that works correctly - nothing worse than trying to work on a piece of equipment that won't do what you want it to.

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

New computers are fun and difficult for me. I wish you well with all the new gadgets. My husband works for HP too, so I have my own tech support, like you.

I understand the frustration over your pictures. They're important. I know you'll enjoy playing with it now.

Karen said...

Wow, you did well to last that long with your old computer:)
Have fun with your new one!

Changes in the wind said...

Haved lots of fun...there is nothing like a new computer.

Dreaming said...

Congrats on the new computer. Getting newer, faster equipment is wonderful - but oh, such a pain to get everything off of the other.

Patsy said...

Glad for you and your new computer.
I am stuck in time with my old HP.

Linda said...

Congrats!! I'm thinking of getting a new one for my books but I'm thinking of a Mac.....too bad the software for them is SO expensive.

Rita said...

Congrats on the new computer!! High powered museum executives should have the latest technology at their fingertips!! ;)

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Connie, I recently acquired a new laptop and the old one is slowly dying. I am SO glad I have something more reliable! It makes such a difference. And you're right - you've definitely earned it. Well done!

Alan Burnett said...

Welcome to your new computer. I always find with new computers it may take a week or two to get used to their ways, but once you do you embrace the speed, embrace the storage space, and march on feeling so much better.

Lynda said...

We have always loved the speed of a new computer, too. It's amazing what we get 'used to' until we finally make the upgrade. Extra income is FUN and it helps the economy more than the government's solutions!!!

LindaG said...

It's always good to have a spare computer.
Congratulations on your new one. :)

West Side of Straight said...

So excited that you got a new computer. Great pics of Gene & girls your July 3rd get together.
Hope you had a relaxing day. You've earned that too!

Gail said...

Congratulatons!

I love that photo. The water is so beautifully clear. You can tell the guys are loving it.

Maery Rose said...

A new computer can be such a relief to get but a lot of work to get set up with what you need. I'm glad you have help for that. I keep thinking I need to make an appointment with a Mac expert for a good going over on my old laptop and see if I can speed it up some.

L. D. said...

I need to buy new and someday soon I will. My oldie is from school that I bought from them when I left. The school has bought two new ones for teachers since then. My upgrade will be faster than my fifteen year oldie.