Monday, July 18, 2011

Someone is Fifteen

Someone in our family turns 15 today.  She is old enough to take drivers training..scary.

I made her a birthday card.  I snapped a photo of her about a month ago.  I converted it into a sketch. 

connie blog headers-p002

The Minnesota State shutdown will probably prevent her from going in and applying for her permit to drive.  She will probably call her Grandpa and complain…not that it will do any good..but it is nice to have someone who will sympathize with you.

Happy Birthday little girl from your grandma who will always see you as a little girl..one who loved to sit in the high chair and color with big color crayons, one who would run into the house and run straight for Grandpas M and M dispenser hollering UMs, one that loved to snuggle and who would sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star over and over again..:)

Blog Signature

18 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

Lovely card - happy birthday to the someone from afar.

Country Gal said...

Awesome photo !
Happy Birthday !
The age over here is 16 ,and we have what is called a graduating licence program first you get your writen learners permit then you go for the driven test to get your G1 and you cant drive on highways or after dark then you get your G2 and that is your final licence its not as easy as it used to be. Heck I am 45 and still dont have a drivers licence I can drive just not leagally I lived in the city as a teen and never needed a drivers licence but now live back in the country again and am a little regretfull that I didnt get it but I think its a bit to late at my age now lol.

Gail said...

Beautiful girl, uh, young lady and a very sweet card. Happy Birthday!

DJan said...

Yes, Happy Birthday! Remembering when I got my drivers license at sixteen... within a month I had crunched in the front of my parents' little car.

Dreaming said...

I remember my boys doing similar things when visiting Grammy and NatNat. They grow up soooo fast!
Happy Birthday to your 'little' one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday from Georgia!!!

Karen said...

Awwww, sweet:) Happy Birthday young lady!
Our driving age is about the same as Country Gal's. You can start at 16, and I think you are turning 19 before you can drive free of all restrictions.

LindaG said...

Happy Birthday! ♥ :)

Becca's Dirt said...

Happy Birthday!! Watch out she'll be driving soon. I know you are proud of her.

Rita said...

That was such a sweet post! I bet she will be upset if she can't get her permit. Great card! :)

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

Happy Birthday from North Carolina. I remember how anxious I was to get my license, (at 16 in Mi) and how terrifed I was when my daughters got theirs. It's a big milestone. Congrats to her.

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday from Pennsylvania!

:)

Anonymous said...

She looks like Evelyn in the sketch. Happy Birthday to her.

That Janie Girl said...

She's gorgeous! Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

Ah- how lovely. Hope she had a wonderful birthday!

West Side of Straight said...

Happy Birthday!

Lanny said...

Hopin' it was an awesome birthday! and that it continues for many more days!

Lynda said...

She is beautiful. Hope her celebration was a happy one. They grow up so very, very fast but it is fun to remember their earliest years.