Sunday, July 10, 2011

Searching for Rainbows

I never have much luck finding rainbows.  We live in the woods and with no clear view of any horizon I have to make a conscious effort to go out to view the horizon.

It was warm yesterday..it was really warm in the museum..I came home threw my shoes off and crashed on the couch savoring the coolness..I fell asleep and had a two hour nap and was awakened by a hot nose belonging to a hungry dog..he had been sent over to wake me for supper. 

After supper we went for a ride..

Chance looking for rainbows too

Chance likes to ride down the county roads hanging his head out smelling hundreds of smells..feeling the wind in his hair!

We found a rainbow..not your typical kind..but it was a bright spot after a long warm day.

Rainbows on the fields 

This irrigator is watering a field of beans just down the road.  The setting sun caught the water spray just right:)

Blog Signature

17 comments:

bekahjane said...

Beautiful dog, Chance (love that name).. Beautiful rainbow. I was thinking about rainbows yesterday.. Happy Sunday!

Gail said...

A rainbow is pure beauty no matter the origin.

DJan said...

Ahh! The rainbow looks cool after your description of the heat. Love that picture of Chance!

LindaG said...

Rainbows are great no matter where you find them. :)
Haha. Chance is a typical dog. :)

Changes in the wind said...

Oh what a good picture of both Chance and the rainbow.

Rita said...

Ah! A man-made rainbow!
Love the picture of Chance!! :)

Laura said...

I love rainbows no matter where they come from!
Great picture of Chance! I love to put the windows down far enough for the dogs to feel the wind in their ears. :-)

RURAL said...

There is something that captures the very essence of summer in Chance's photo. I truly love it, and the rainbow, it just says "Life is good" to me.

Nice to cool off for awhile isn't it. Although they claim that we have A/C at my place of work, the amount of "glowing" that I do, belies that fact.

Hard to glow, and still be pleasant isn't it? LOL. "How can I help you".....ha.

Thanks for posting such inspiring photos. I certainly needed a few encouraging moments.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

troutbirder said...

Seek and ye shall find.

Lanny said...

Hey, irrigation is often a pot of gold, yes? I'm with Chance, hang out the window on a country drive!

Terry and Linda said...

YAY! You found a rainbow and what a beautiful one it is. I feel like any rainbow is perfect no matter where you see it!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

patty said...

a rainbow is a rainbow no matter how it gets there

Karen said...

Just repeat LindaG's comment, because that's exactly what I was going to say!

Lynda said...

Chance looks like he is a pointer dog for the rainbow. Very clever finding a rainbow in irrigation!!!

Leah said...

Coincidence that we had a real rainbow tonight - ....

Muffy's Marks said...

I'm with Chance, I too like to hang my head out the car window, and smell the country. Just can't get enough wind. Maybe I was a dog in my first life. Hey can you go to my blog and identify a wild flower? Thanks, Muffy

Pamela said...

There is a long line of irrigation pipes when I drive over "9-mile hill" .. and the rainbow follows along and bounces from line to line as I'm driving 60 mph.