Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Purple and yellow

Purple and yellow are blooming..

IMG_4894

We went for a drive on Sunday, the heavy aroma of flowers filled the air.

IMG_4896

The bees were buzzing. 

IMG_4845

The intoxicating smell of lilies mixed with the smell of roses and phlox..around every bend there were more flowers… and more flowers..until I finally had enough.. I experienced flower overload.  I was tired and need to go home for a nap.

Living Legacy Gardens near Staples Minnesota was a real treat!  I have wanted to go there the past couple of summers, the time was never right.  Finally I made a date with Far Guy and Chance..they didn’t have nearly as much fun as I did..but they were patient and let me wander as long as I wanted:)

Blog Signature

14 comments:

Country Gal said...

Such lovely photos. I love all the wild flowers we have here along the sides of the country roads ! Love your header, Have a wonderful day !

lisa said...

We love the lilies. We have some beatiful colors to look at. Yours are pretty. I love purple. It is one the best thing of this time of year and that is being able to see all the wonderful color of flowers and even the wild ones too.

West Side of Straight said...

Isn't that a fun place to go. I bet there was a lot in bloom. Glad you're finding time to get out for your drives. Miss doing that with you.

linda m said...

Beautiful flowers. Glad Far Guy and chance were so patient.

DJan said...

Two of my favorite colors together. And yes, those flowers are wonderful to look at. I could almost smell them too, you described it so well...

Dreaming said...

Oh, how wonderful. Some day I would like to have a patch of color like that, in my back yard. Until then, I'll enjoy pictures like you have posted. Thanks! (Oh, and thank Far Guy for participating in his own way)

Rae said...

Simply gorgeous. It is a scene I would enjoy too. Something about seeing beautiful flowers in full bloom is very relaxing.

Karen said...

Lovely flowers:) Our liatris and daylilies out here are at that same point.

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

Those are beautiful. I can almost smell the lillies. I'd love to bring a book and stay a while.

LindaG said...

What a beautiful place. Thank you for sharing those pictures with us. :)

Lanny said...

I wanna feel your pain!

Linda said...

Nothing better than purple and yellow.....or flowers, period!!

Anonymous said...

Marvellous summer flowers! I can smell them from here.

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful fields of color. Love the purples and yellows. You actually took Chance too. He's one lucky dog I tell ya. Buddy sends his 'ruff, ruff.. and says he's lucky too.