Thursday, July 14, 2011

California Dreamin’

All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey, I went for a walk on a winters day..oh wait it is summer..it has been chilly the past couple of days..but I hear it will be warming up by the weekend to nearly a hundturd..as in 100F or 37C  Uffda.

Well back to my California Dreamin’

IMG_4394

I got a package from Sam at 5 Star Ranch in Oroville, California!  It seems I was the lucky winner of her drawing!   I have farmhouse soaps and dish towels that my next door neighbor Jo is going to covet..because her kitchen is all chickens and roosters.  And pretty bottles of Lemon and Garlic Olive Oil..Far Guy tried some of the lemon on our homemade baked in the oven French fries last evening..yummy!  Thanks Sam for all the California goodies!

Far Guy is a great cook.  He usually has supper ready for me when I walk in the door..then we can relax the rest of the evening.  He uses olive oil..he used to have a teaspoon of it everyday ..he heard from a friend that it was supposed to rid your body of viruses in the winter..now he just uses it on his famous French fries…and what ever else he comes up with in “his” kitchen:)

Far Guy’s Famous French Fries

Cut up red potatoes into something resembling French Fries.

Throw them in a sandwich bag, add some olive oil and then some seasoned salt..mix well!

Toss them on a cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes.

Blog Signature

23 comments:

Gail said...

Lucky dog!!! These gifts are wonderful.

Also visited the gifter, her blog is nice.

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Fun assortment of gifts you have won! The potatoes sound delicious!

linda m said...

Lucky you. The fries sound yummy

troutbirder said...

Nice gifts. Nice lyric. I always really like that song... and have never been to California. :)

DJan said...

Maybe they should be called "Far Fries" since Far Guy made 'em? Congratulations on being the winner!

Intense Guy said...

Congrats on winnin' the goodies!!

And yes, it seems like only a week ago it was still winter in Minnesota... did you folks even have a single spring-like day?

Country Gal said...

Congrats ! Wonderful gifts.
Fries sound yummy !
Have a good day !

Karen said...

Oh nice prize, lucky you:)
I make fries similar to that, and they really are good!
We aren't getting much for summer weather either. The forecast for the week shows just clouds and showers. No sun showing, although I'm sure we'll see it occasionally.
Haven't had any hot weather yet, but I'm not complaining about that.

Becca's Dirt said...

Congrats on the win. Well you are lucky to have Far Guy cooking for you. Does he watch Food Network. could he be our Next Food Network Star?

Laura said...

Lucky you! Congrats on the gifts. I'm all into chickens since I got my chicks this spring...I cannot start another collection though!
Will have to try Far Guy's oven fry recipe.
We went from way hot (for Michigan) to near perfect and we'll be back to way hot for the weekend. It's summer here. I love days like today - 70's, blue sky and sunshine!

Rita said...

Great drawing prizes! The fries sound delicious. :)

Linda said...

Congrats!!

The Far Guy........now he's my sort of dream man;)))))

Alan Burnett said...

As the great Dave Frishberg once wrote - "French me a fry"

LindaG said...

Congratulations!
And thanks for the french fry recipe! :)

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

It is nice to have a husband who will fiddle around in the kitchen and cook things when the wife is busy working out. Good for you and good for Far Guy. Olive oil is great stuff. Wonder what homemade french fries would taste like dipped in a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Far fries (DJan) I love it

RURAL said...

Ok, thanks, it's 10:15 am here, and now I am thinking of ways to make your french fries...thanks!

Oh they are my weakness, how am I going to hold off....

What great gifts you won.

Oh BTW I am craving french fries...thanks a lot.

Tell Far Guy that I can't wait to try his kind of french fries.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

5 Starr's Farm said...

So Glad you like them .....Enjoy!

Dreaming said...

The giveaway is really cute. I love chicken decor!
I also love the Mama's and The Papa's... and yes, California dreaming takes me directly to a fall day with crisp leaves and a chill in the air.

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

Of course your music caught me. I'm so predictable. What a great gift. I love infused olive oils. Far Guy has dinner on the table... what a great guy. I have one of those cooking guys too. When I was working, whoever got home first started dinner. We're lucky.

Lynda said...

We have done fries like that, too. They are delish!!! Also, I have added just a tad of chili powder and other times have done onion and garlic powder. Too yummy!
Very, very nice gifts you got!

L. D. said...

Sounds good. Classes up the French fry to an Italian fry.

Terry and Linda said...

Wonderful! Thanks for the recipe!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

Pamela said...

Hey... that is how I make my fries too. Maybe I will do that for dinner tonight.

I love how your readers have the energy to send gifts. I did that on my first anniversary of blogging (ps. my fifth just passed without any adieu)
... I sent wine and chocolates. It was a disaster.