Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wistful Wednesday : 1930

In 1930 my Mother was one year old.  Photography was sometimes challenging.  The light isn’t right. The camera operator is shaky..

Madeline marked this Me  1930

My Mother has marked this photograph “Me.”  Now, I know who it is..but will my children or their children?  Probably not.

Madeline 1930  cropped from larger photo This is a photo of my Mother in 1930.  I cropped this out of another larger photo..it needs some restoration.  I will put it on my list of things to do.  I believe my Mom was not yet one year old in this photo.   There are only three photographs of her in 1930.  These are two of them.

Today is my Mothers birthday, we will meet for lunch in town at the place that serves the sour cream and raisin pie, then she is off on one of her many volunteer activities.  I suppose I could tell you that she was a few days short of being twenty one when she married my Father..sixty years ago:)

12 comments:

Lanny said...

Your mom's baby picture is the quintessential baby! What a cutie pie. Speaking of pie, yum I do believe that a little sour cream raisin pie is called for now that we have had our first frost. Thanks for the reminder.

Judy said...

Happy birthday to Mom...

lisa said...

Happy birthday to MOM! Have a nice afternoon!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Happy, happy birthday to your sweet Mama. Can you imagine I've never had sour cream raisin pie. Maybe I should put it on my bucketlist!

God bless and have a great time celebrating with your Mom. :o)

DJan said...

I think you are so lucky to be able to have lunch with your mom on her birthday! I would love to see my mom somewhere other than in my dreams, but I'll have to wait until I pass over. Love that second picture!

Pamela said...

my mom was born in 1914, but I do have a few baby pictures of her. About as many as I have of me (:

It probably isn't quite as tasty as my sour cream raisin pie giggle

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! These baby pics are so sweet. I think you've made us all hungry talking about the pie!!!

Gail said...

What a sweetie. It is so wonderful that you can have lunch...and she's off to volunteer...very young, indeed.

Rose said...

happy birthday, Mom. love the old photos. thanks rose

West Side of Straight said...

Baby pictures of old are so cute! Like them a lot better than the pics of today.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful shots - your mum was too cute for words! Bet you were too.

Hope all is well with you and Tricia.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to your mum, she sure was a cute baby! Mine was one year old in 1930 as well:)