Friday, March 12, 2010

Water, Water

Water is everywhere, it has been raining all week.   I was looking for some waterproof boots..to replace my snow boots that are very warm..but not waterproof.   After two days of getting my feet wet and cold I went shopping. I hate shopping.  Far Guy suggested a pair of black buckle overshoes, the farm supply store we were at had them too, all lined up on the shelf. They also had rubber waterproof boots..in pink and purple.   Now they looked fine and dandy..but I am not a pink or purple kind of gal.  Especially not purple..really old ladies wear lots of purple. I was doomed to have vain cold feet yet another day.
 Finally I found some red rubber boots at Wally World..perfect and one of my favorite colors too!  A group of old ladies saw me trying them on, and bee lined it to the shelf where the red ones were rapidly disappearing.  Red may be the new old lady color this spring.
 Far Guy and I went to the Post Office this morning..there is lots of water running. We are in no danger of flooding here, the snow is melting in the rain and running off into the streams east and south of us. This is all normal spring runoff.
 The fields that were covered in snow are showing some dark spots.  Far Guy heard in the Post Office that next week the weather is supposed to turn cold and snowy.  I don't understand why someone just can't start the rumor that it is going to be sunny and seventy:)

20 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'm lovin' your new red boots! Looks like their gonna come in mighty handy!

Can you believe we have snow in the forecast for the weekend....in southern Missouri? I may be huntin' me so new red boots!

Have a great weekend!!!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Been a nice week here in Toronto really spring like. But it is now pouring and hear it's supposed to keep up all weekend.
Do they have those boots in lime green??I would love a pair!

Jackie
www.junkboattravels.blogspot.com

DayPhoto said...

WOW! Look at all that water...whew. I don't understand mud, do I. On the same hand I dont really understand snow. Then you will have a lush green we have to work hard to get.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

lisa said...

The rain is headed here, we have potential flooding possible, we are supposed to get a lot of rain for the next few days:(

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

Loved the picture of the boots and the reflection. "Doomed to have vain cold feet" Now that was funny. You are so right though..purple just doesn't cut it but you definitely started a trend with red boots.

If you say you are not going to wash away, I'll believe you but that amount of water makes this Californian plain old jealous.

Leah said...

Water and water --- do you have a canoe?

Leah said...

Ah Ha Ha! We posted the same picture (your last one!) Hee heee!

Anonymous said...

LOL at least you won't lose them in a boot pile!!

The Retired One said...

Love those rockin' red boots...the shot of you in the puddle with the reflecting trees in the puddle was wonderful!

Lynda said...

Mud beats the Georgia clay my sister has to deal with. That stuff is slick and stains everything.
Praise God that you can begin to see the end of winter - - - even if it's just a teaser due to your forecast.

DJan said...

Those are great looking boots, and I'll bet your feet will be really nice and dry there, Connie. You have started the latest fad...

Jeanne Estridge said...

Great boots! I want a pair!

(Guess it really is the new old lady color!)

We actually got sunny and darn-near seventy this week--and it was wonderful. aaaaah!

Emma Rose said...

I love your new boots! And by the way, I heard it was going to be sunny and warm out your way this weekend. :)

Kisses,
Emma Rose

LadyFi said...

Sounds as if spring is already there! Love those great new boots!

Minus 12 C here - cold with lots of snow. Oh and a snowstorm yesterday...

laurie said...

oh i love red shoes. excellent choice. purple would be a little too...twee.

i heard it's supposed to get warm and sunny here, but only after monday, when our california guest (if he makes it here today) has already gone back home.

gayle said...

Love your cute red boots!!! and the pictures!

Pamela said...

it snowed in the foothills last night -- but I hate to tell you that we just have had wonderful weather mostly this spring. (I can handle the rain, when the snow stays in the foothills)

okay... I think I can start the rumor.
Farside, you better go buy some sun block, because I hear there is a a sun blizzard coming!

Rae said...

You are quite a character. You always make me smile. I love your red boots. Good thing you didn't have to fight the old ladies to get your pair.

Maery Rose said...

Gee, those gray skies look familiar. Love the red boots! I'd like to have the ones at Fleet Farm with the flowers on them or the bumble bees.

L. D. said...

Just connecting with your blog today, Sunday. We have flooding of course all around us and it a lot warmer than expected. I hope you are warmer today too. We are to get rain and we really have a big problem if it starts to rain as banks are already overflowing.