Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wistful Wednesday: July 01, 1978

My brother, Carey got married! The wedding took place In a suburb of St. Louis, Missouri. We all drove from Minnesota to Missouri. It was hot, we all stayed in a motel with a pool, it was really, really hot, I don't think the church was air conditioned. The girls were just little, Trica was the Flower Girl and my Mom sewed her dress and pinafore. My baby brother, Jody is on the far right..he was a groomsman, he was still in high school. This was thirty one years ago. Happy Anniversary to my brother and his lovely bride who live far, far away in Oregon! The lovely bride wore her mothers wedding gown, it was a beautiful wedding, despite the hot weather.

Jen was not yet three years old, she wore a dress and a pinafore too..her dress had little pink flowers instead of green flowers like the real flowergirl who was six years old. This was during one of my contact lens phases, I struggled with them for several years, until I eventually gave up on wearing them completely and went back to glasses. It was the only wedding that Far Guy and I were ever in other than our own:)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely wedding pictures. Before I even noticed the year, I had pegged it for late 70's, mainly because of the hairstyles. A happy anniversary wish to them and wishing you a great 4th!

Emma Rose said...

I agree, the pictures are lovely. The ivory gown looks so delicate. Your family photo is wonderful. Is that the last time you were in Oregon? If so, you need to come back for a visit. If not, you need to come back for a visit! :)
Emma sends kisses for Chance.

The Duchess

Liz in PA said...

Such sweet memories!
My daughter had my wedding gown altered, and wore it for her wedding! She had the long lace sleeves removed and made into little cap sleeves, the bodice was changed also, and no
puffy underslip......just had the gown part hang long and lean! It was gorgeous.
I must say though, that she paid more for the alterations, than I did for my entire wedding gown ensemble! Times and $$$ change!

Happy 4th of July to you and your family ...
....and sweet CHANCE!

Patsy said...

I did a comment and it didn't take, will try this one.
Patsy

Patsy said...

Now what gives with this? So what I said was The Bennie and I got married in 1978 and it was like yesterday. Time sure flys.
Patsy

Anonymous said...

Love the wedding dress - oh, and the lapels on those suits!

I've gone back to glasses too from contacts...

Pamela said...

wow.. look at that cleavage!

Pamela said...

and the tan line... bwaa ha ha ha ha.

Pamela said...

I better duck my head after those two comments.. hee heh

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pamela, I should have photoshopped the tan line..too lazy! :)